Authors' Den

Posted by: meredithbead

Authors' Den - 02/06/08 08:59 AM

I'm now on Authors' Den.
http://www.authorsden.com/meredithklaskow

Not much here that isn't already on my website, but if you're a member, you can add me to your favorites. Or review, if you like.

Re: Authors' Den - 02/09/08 06:55 AM

Does anyone else here have a site on Authors' Den?
If so, what am I supposed to do now?

I know, it's all about marketing...
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Authors' Den - 02/09/08 01:35 PM

I have one, or use to. I haven't checked in there in so long that I don't know if I still do or not. I never found it to be of much use. Course, it is like everything else, you have to work it.

I never found it very user friendly unless you reside INSIDE the walls of Authors Den. Not everybody does, or wants to...so, I lost interest in it.

If I'm not mistaken, Carolyn Howard-Johnson may be an active member there. You could write her and see???
Posted by: Sherri

Re: Authors' Den - 02/09/08 05:42 PM

Carolyn is an active member, I am a member that has been not so active since all my family issues began. I am trying to start over again, and I have kept my paid membership because I do believe it is helpful if you keep up with it.
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: Authors' Den - 02/09/08 06:44 PM

I'll add you on my author tracker. I just joined a few days ago, and added Carolyn right away.

Here's where you can find me:

http://www.authorsden.com/donnajshepherd1

I'm not sure exactly how to best utilize it either. Maybe Carolyn can fill us in. I do know that my bio has already had hundreds of hits and Author Den pages come up high on Google. So maybe that's a benefit.

And you're so right - it's all about the marketing. Now to go add you guys!

Donna

Re: Authors' Den - 02/11/08 11:31 PM

Thanks all! Jawjaw, I tried to find you in Authors' Den but you seem to have disappeared. Donna and Sherri, I added both of you.

I'll write Carolyn in the next day or so.

Re: Authors' Den - 02/12/08 12:37 AM

It's been years, Ms M...so I may not even have an account there...I'll try to find some time and go see. I'll email you if I find it. Thanks!
Posted by: Sherri

Re: Authors' Den - 02/12/08 08:01 PM

Thanks for adding me girlfriends. I am going to post a couple of articles I wrote to my site today. Two articles! First time in over 2 years I have actually written for ME!
Posted by: marshadancer

Re: Authors' Den - 02/17/08 04:31 AM

Hi girlfriends,

This is my first post here at boomerwomen. I also am listed at authorsden:

www.authorsden.com/marshagentry

I was published in 1997, and I am actively writing again and seeking friendships with other writers and with all women who want to chat and express themselves.

I will find you all at authorsden and check you out.

marsha
Posted by: gims

Re: Authors' Den - 02/17/08 05:43 AM

Welcome marshadancer...

Re: Authors' Den - 02/17/08 07:02 AM

Quote:

Welcome marshadancer...

Thank you, gims.

Re: Authors' Den - 02/17/08 12:18 PM

Welcome Marshadancer! We're very happy you've joined us. You'll find a lot of writers here. So jump in and join the fun!

Re: Authors' Den - 02/17/08 05:15 PM

Quote:

Welcome Marshadancer! We're very happy you've joined us. You'll find a lot of writers here. So jump in and join the fun!

Thank you, jawjaw. I am liking it here already.

Re: Authors' Den - 02/18/08 06:46 AM

Welcome Marshadancer, I added you to my favorites!

I hope I'm doing this stuff right.
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Authors' Den - 03/17/08 01:03 AM

Is there a fee? It says it is free to join?

Re: Authors' Den - 03/17/08 05:40 AM

free to join

Re: Authors' Den - 03/17/08 10:59 AM

Thanks, Meredith. I may join it. Someone mentioned keeping up their paid membership so I wondered.

Re: Authors' Den - 03/18/08 06:41 AM

there are different levels of membership. I have the free version. You can pay and get more services and options, but it all depends on how you're going to use it.

Re: Authors' Den - 03/20/08 05:20 PM

Okay. I'm on authors' Den. http://www.authorsden.com/linarehal

Like you said, Meredith. What do I do with it now? I have to add stuff, but for now, at least I'm on there.

Authors' Den what now? - 03/22/08 05:17 PM

Okay, now I'm getting many hits on Authors' Den. I've had several nice comments/reviews. Anyone know if you can respond to the reviews to thank people?
Posted by: hotflashgal

Re: Authors' Den - 03/24/08 10:29 PM

I don't know if it is considered a site, but I have posted two articles. I really tried to use the right key words and my two articles are consistently on page 1 or 2 of Google for my key words organically. Since there is a link to my site from the article, I get traffic and it is like free advertising.