Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"!

Posted by: Julie_dup1

Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/14/07 09:05 PM

Hi Ladies, It's been a while since I've posted - sorry about that! I'm an associate with the NABBW and I have a question for you. I've recently been getting a kick out of the notion of guilty pleasures and am curious what everyone else is embarrassed to admit that they're fond of. It started because I rather squeamishly admitted that I still like General Hospital to an agent and we started talking about how everyone has secret things they enjoy. Would you mind tell me yours? It can be a type of music, food, hobby or just about anything that isn't all that "cool" to admit! Thanks!
Posted by: Dotsie

Post deleted by Dotsie - 05/14/07 11:12 PM

Posted by: ktri

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/15/07 03:25 AM

Chips and dip with an ice cold Pepsi.

Or...

Watching a movie in the morning or middle of the day when I am on vacation. That feels so decadent to be lounging on the couch doing nothing during the daytime.

ktri
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/15/07 04:28 AM

An entire box of See's Candy hidden in my stash, all for me!
Posted by: Lola

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/15/07 06:04 AM

Penny sweets with my grandchildren when I pick them up from school Friday afternoons. Totally uncool in their household where sugar and salt are completely banned.
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/15/07 07:36 PM

Playing Poker with the Boys.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/15/07 07:41 PM

Give a dinner party...eat like a mouse...and after everyone leaves...eat the leftovers out of the refrigerator, like a ....lion.
Posted by: Saundra

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/15/07 08:59 PM

The brownies are in the oven NOW!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/15/07 10:00 PM

Getting up in the middle of the night to play Spider Solitaire.

I'm also a General Hospital fan - been watching longer than I can remember back to...I think I may have watched it sometimes with my Mom whenever I was home sick from school.

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/15/07 11:01 PM

Ah, yes, spider solitaire. I really should have that game removed from my computer! I tend to play it way too often!
Posted by: orchid

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/16/07 04:28 AM

You really want to know?? A large plate of freshly made, well-executed sushi and sashimi.

Or a huge pile of sliced smoked salmon lox.

Huge heaping Rueben sandwich.

Gelato. Let's see pistachio, tarmisu, Grand Marnier chocolate....
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/17/07 01:43 AM

Oh gosh, my vice when down is to eat a whole bag of those Sweet 16 powdered donuts with a Mountain Dew! Also enjoy watching a movie on a rainy day with Chips n Queso from Moes in me jammies and no makeup!

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/17/07 01:43 PM

Getting together with my Girl's Night Out friends once a month. Sounds crazy that I should feel guilty, but I recall running out on my husband and leaving him with all three kids and whatever their needs were for the evening. Now it's not a biggie because the kids are gone.

Burger King Junior Whopper, add mustard, french fries and a DIET Coke. Love the Diet Coke with all that fat. I figure it's better than getting a real Coke. Every now and then, I run through the drive-in and and suck this meal down. Then I regret it later.

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/17/07 01:44 PM

Funny that most of these have to do with food!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/18/07 12:30 AM

I am a BUNCO playing fool every week, and also enjoy the RED HAT outings we have each month, we are so silly and laugh until we are sick. I love being uninhibited sometimes.

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/18/07 02:00 AM

Chatty, bunco's a blast! We have ours tomorrow night - it's a great get-away with the girls, even though its just for a few hours a month.

Kathy
Posted by: Madalyn

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/18/07 02:48 PM

Dark Chocolate with a cup of Black Coffee...caffeine overload but it's my once in awhile "guilty pleasure"

Blessings~Madalyn
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/22/07 05:34 AM

surfing the web for hours ... just because.

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/22/07 05:37 AM

Hoo-eee! I just noticed the little cake next to my name above the picture Guess I have another hour's worth of posting to look at my cake

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/22/07 04:00 PM

Oops, it disappeared! Have to wait until next year.

One of my guilty pleasures is taking work outside this time of year. I am so regimented that I feel guilty for not sitting behind my desk. I love taking my lap top out on the patio and working from there. It's just too gorgeous to be inside.
Posted by: DreamrKate

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/22/07 04:49 PM

All things art related. I'll get books on whatever my art-du-jour is, I've found 7 sets of water colors, 3 or 4 sets of pastels, 4 sets of oil paint, I lug home old doors, old windows.... I'll draw on paper bags, gourds, doors, I'll paint windows, jeans, and I've been trying to figure out if I can paint polyurethane over this overstuffed chair that we don't want in the house anymore but it's too comfortable to give away. I drag home birch branches that I see on the street and I'll just put them in my yard......I've been known to haul pieces of a log, all the way home, in my luggage, from New York, because it had a perfectly wonderful torso shape and I'm going to use it at some point... THIS AFTER I shipped my clothes home because "I can get more of those, but I may not see just this perfect log again."

Kate

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/23/07 03:26 AM

Kate, that's just too funny -- and not something that's beyond me, either
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/23/07 07:55 AM

Sounds like me too. Rocks, sticks, driftwood have all ended up in my suitcase.
I remember bringing a cotton plant back from Alabama and having to declare it at customs.
I started a crazy quilt over 10 years ago and my Mom helped hand sew the pieces...I really need to finish and use it. Mom is gone but her handiwork lives on.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/23/07 10:43 PM

Calling in sick at work, and actually just taking a play day.
Posted by: Dee

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 05/25/07 05:45 AM

Chocolate...video games...watching Guiding Light soap opera...The Bachelor (or) Bachelorette...wearing my P.J.'s all day.
Posted by: ShesPassionate

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 06/28/07 07:28 AM

I am embarrassed to admit it, but I love to watch TAPS the Ghost Hunter show with my son-behind a pillow for safety.
And, (true confessions) Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, and Brothers and Sisters. Honestly though, I haven't quite figured out if I watch the latter for the story or to ogle Rob Lowe... Talk about injustice! That man gets better with age!
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 06/28/07 12:45 PM

I like the little packets of childrens sweets...dolly mixture did like the tiny liquorice allsorts but I must not eat liquorice sine anaphylacic issue..I was born into sweet rationing (UK post war)so did not have sweets as a child.
So now you all know.Sometimes the shop assistant asks if I am buying them for a Grandchild?I just smile.
Also parma violet sweets (like little pills)junk really.
Mountain ash
Posted by: gerrbeck

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 06/28/07 06:08 PM

My best friend sells Princess House dishes and home accessories. I recently hosted a party and had enough sales to get something I have wanted for a very long time. A Fondue Pot! This fondue pot is the BEST! I love to make chocolate fondue with strawberries. We put the pot on the coffee table in the den and put on a good movie!
gerrbeck
Posted by: ShesPassionate

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 06/28/07 11:36 PM

Yum! So delicious! I took a fondue cooking class and the chef prepared chocolate & carmel. I am a chocoholic, so I was quite surprised how much I loved the carmel, it was amazing!
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 07/02/07 07:35 PM

What do I feel guilty about when I do it? Hmm, not much. When I'm supposed to be writing, I feel guilty about reading all my e-mail or surfing the web. It's Research, honest! LOL

Since I gave up chocolate, that's not a guilty pleasure anymore.

I'd have to say a McDonald's double cheeseburger. I do feel kinda guilty about eating it, when I should have ordered a salad. But, I don't feel guilty because I didn't get the fries too. I only have one and it's when we go to the keys. Which is 3 or 4 times a year.

I do feel guilty when I don't spend enough time with my bird. That really makes me guilty.

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 07/02/07 10:17 PM

Vicki, how long have you been going without chocolate, and how do you do it? Do you substitute anything else?

I'll have some of those chocolate covered strawberries with vanilla ice cream. Now we're talking.
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Calling all "Guilty Pleasures"! - 07/04/07 03:54 PM

Dotsie, it's been over a month now that I've been without chocolate, I think.

I did it cold turkey. Woke up one morning and said "no more chocolate".. It was hard the first 3 or 4 days, but after that, I didn't have the craving anymore. But, I still sometimes dream of Chocolate cake with chocolate cream filling, with dark chocolate icing. Lots of it. Drizzled with chocolate sauce. MMmmmm.

I haven't substituted anything else. I'm basically laying off the sweets. I guess I'm subbing with Ice Breakers Sours. They're sugar free and only 3 or 5 calories each, can't remember.