My Az front yard

Posted by: JaMaPh

My Az front yard - 07/28/06 06:30 PM

Since today I am feeling maudlin, I wanted to share my yard with hopefully, those who like this sort of thing.

We have a postage stamp size front and back yard and we are
cramming it full of stuff. But most everything is usable.

Front yard has Desert Willow [used in Chronic Relief™ oil], pinkish white tubular flower. Leaves are used as willow is. we severely cut it down last Winter, and realized that was our screen from the nosy neighbors. Thank you God it grew back. Took a while, but it did.

Loofahs on two trellises on the side. [used for loofah in the shower]

TWO, not one but TWO elephant trees. Bursera Microphylla. [can't remember what it's used for]
they get ten feet high by 10 feet wide. we tried to remove one, and even cut its roots and it's back! VERY medicinal and PROTECTED.

chaparral [many uses, the highest in anti-oxidants on the planet, cures lots of stuff, but I'm not a doctor, so don't believe me] on the front line [where I built my little block fence] lol and chaparral on the corner of the yard. with babies!!

Tea tree [used in Chronic Relief™ oil and teas] in the middle side, by the driveway and a REAL,
rare, [free-to-me] Polonia, [not medicinal that I can find] that's leaves are HUGE, and grows VERY fast. And a Persian Lilac, [gorgeous, not medicinal] with flowers that are florescent like lilacs but smell between violets and wisteria.

Two Jackson perkins 'Lincoln' red roses [pretties] in the front, next to the front windows and a tuscan rosemary [cooking and smelling] between them.
freesias [used for nothing but pretties ] along the walkway when it's time for them to bloom and tomatoes that are *really* struggling in the front hedge area. and a hibicus, shaded by the willow tree.

texas sage [flowers used for colds and flue, also leaves in tea] on the other side of the driveway.
and weeds.

We face directly West. Which is VERY hard on stuff out there. particulary the tea tree and tomatos.

Back yard in next post.

JaMa
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: My Az front yard - 09/11/06 02:41 AM

Here are some ideas for those with small yards. I do alot of gardening in big pots on the patio because I have sand and gravel here in the desert.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: My Az front yard - 09/11/06 02:46 PM

Your yard could be used for a spa!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: My Az front yard - 09/11/06 03:48 PM

Where has Jamaph been? Anyone heard form her?