Playing PC Games as a Hobby

Posted by: LadySims

Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 02/10/05 08:30 AM

I am guessing that playing a PC Game would be classified as a Hobby because of all the hours & enjoyment I get out of it. I got "Hooked" on THE SIMS PC Game a few years ago & just LOVE how Maxis ADDS Expansion Packs to it each year. I have all but one now, totaling 7(Disks). My Favorite thing to do in the Game is Building Houses for my Sims to live in.
Than you can create a Family & move them into the new house and Help them thru their day by clicking on things to do. (I guess I'm kind of a "Control-Freak", LOL)
I tried the On-Line Version but didn't like some of the MEAN people I met. So I'm back to the Reg. version on my PC. Sometimes I play for 10 hours straight, so Be Warned, It's Addictive !!! LOL [Big Grin]
You can check them out on www.thesims.com Let me know IF you like playing, I can give you some Tips, ok ? Happy Simming !!! [Smile]
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 02/10/05 12:24 PM

I'm currently playing at least 8 scrabble games online. For a while I was into JT's Blocks a lot, but that passed. I did like the geometric progressions though.
Posted by: Danita

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 02/10/05 06:52 PM

Meredith,

I love to play scrabble online - but haven't played for ages!!!

I would love to play you sometime!

Danita

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 02/11/05 05:59 AM

Danita, send me your email and I'll set the game up! You also need to tell me beforehand if we're playing honor system or dictionary (which is right next to the scrabble board.)
Posted by: DJ

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 02/11/05 06:33 AM

How do you play Scrabble on line? Last month I got into a Scrabble obsession with both my son and daughter, but they live out of state.

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 02/11/05 11:17 AM

http://thepixiepit.co.uk/scrabble/

http://www.e-scrabble.com/

http://us.bugcafe.net/language/en/

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 02/11/05 07:30 PM

Meredith,

I usually play on Yahoo. Have you tried yahoo litterati? (which is scrabble?)

My email is: danitajones@myarbonne.com

I loooove to play! It would be fun for a group of us to play (DJ, and whomever else!)

D.

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 02/12/05 05:49 AM

Danita, I'll set a game up Sunday night or Monday (long work weekend.) I've played literati -- different letter scores and smaller board than scrabble. I didn't like it for 2 reasons: 1. often I'd start a game and my opponent would disappear halfway through. Really annoying! and 2. I'd get suckered into these games where points were deducted if I didn't put a word down in 30 seconds, or some other hokum like that. The worst part is, no one would ever tell me the rules until I got blown away.

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 02/13/05 08:39 AM

Hmmmmm,

Let's shoot for monday night - and you tell me where to go. (ha)

I will be up in the mountains on Sunday, don't know when (or if) I'll be coming down!

Is our time difference just one hour? (I'm on mountain time).

I lovvveee to play! I miss taking the time out to do it!

I agree about playing with strangers on Litterati. I hate when people bail out. It gives my internet rage! ha!

Send me the particulars!

Danita
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 02/13/05 03:25 AM

You are so mod. I still dig out the board and tiles.

The only game I've ever played online is Solitaire.

Lady, I loved your comment about being a control freak. Explain how you play that with other people?!

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 02/13/05 04:59 AM

Dotsie,

You've got to try it! If you love scrabble - you will love playing online. It's a way to play when nobody at home wants to play! sniffles!

We'll have to wait for meredith to tell us another way to play..or you go to yahoogames.com check out the game "litterati" sign in and play with a stranger!

D.

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 02/15/05 06:45 AM

Danita, the game is set up! You play turns via email. I opted out of "word finder" which is the onliune cheat dictionary.

Everyone else: go to any of the links I gave above. The games are really easy to start. You can play with any # of players, as long as you have their email. Only one person sets the game up, and you can't add additional players after that.

When your opponent plays their move, you SHOULD get an email telling you. You play via email, not in real time. It's important to keep one email with your game link, because sometimes (although not often) you may not get the next email saying it's your turn to play. That way, you can always find your game from the link. (and if you lose it, you will NEVER find your game...)

Dotsie, it's soooooo easy!

If anyone else wants to play me, I give fair warning: I'm pretty good [Razz]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 02/15/05 07:33 PM

Thanks for the encouragement ladies, but I'm pressed for time. Maybe in a couple years when the kids leave home.

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 03/24/05 09:41 PM

I love yahoo "Litterati" (which is scrabble). It is awesome!

go to: yahoo games, then to literati.

Meridith, I still want to play you! We just have to get it together!

danita

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 03/25/05 10:31 AM

DJ, PixiePit and BugCafe are still going strong. See my links above.

Danita, Ya gotta email me about WHEN if you can't do the email thing, which is what these sites are.

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 03/25/05 06:57 PM

Meredith,

Let's set a date and time for once a week. Last time we tried I couldn't get into the rooms (my computer was acting funky)

I am on Mtn. time. Early a.m.s are really good for me..how about you?

I will go to litterati and try to get in!

(we can have 2 additional players join us!)

Danita

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 03/28/05 09:57 AM

Uh-oh. I'm Pacific time. I eat breakfast 10am or so, done by 11am, which is noon by you and probably not within your parameters of "early morning." Then I usually do chores for a few hours and don't get online until lunch which is 3pm.
Posted by: Katrinka

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 04/08/05 06:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by LadySims:
I am guessing that playing a PC Game would be classified as a Hobby because of all the hours & enjoyment I get out of it. I got "Hooked" on THE SIMS PC Game a few years ago & just LOVE how Maxis ADDS Expansion Packs to it each year. I have all but one now, totaling 7(Disks). My Favorite thing to do in the Game is Building Houses for my Sims to live in.

When I initially saw your screen name, I wondered if you were a Sims player. My daughter has the game, and I occasionally play. I love building and decorating the houses. Last time I played, I created a crazy cat woman whose favorite hobby is to go to the pet store and adopt a cat.
My favorite computer game is Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. With this game you can virtually ride all the rides. They're coming out with a water park expansion pack this summer. I'm chuffed.

Marie

Re: Playing PC Games as a Hobby - 04/15/05 07:31 AM

Hellooo out there!

Who wants to play a game of oline scrabble? It is 8:35 mountain time on Thursday....

And I'm looking for somebody to come out to play!