boy toys

Posted by: Sandy

boy toys - 07/30/03 01:29 AM

I graduated high school in 1972. now everyone knows my age. anyway. back then girls took cooking and sewing. I took them from 6th grad until my second year of HS. That's when i went on a one woman protest to get into woodshop. and i did it. I learned how to use boy toys. and i love it. i built all of my kitchen cabnets. they have european hinges, and all the bottom cabinets have drawers. no bending over and crawling in for me. i have made bookshelves and tables and all kinds of fun things. My hobby makes male mouths drop. [Wink]
Sandy
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: boy toys - 07/30/03 03:18 AM

[Eek!] Wow SP,
That is really cool that you can do all of that. I am thoroughly impressed! What forsight you had to learn that at an early age and just kept learning. I do envy you. I can change a lightbulb...that's about it.

Your hobby makes my jigsaw puzzle thingy look kinda lame...

You are definitely my new hero.

Re: boy toys - 08/06/03 06:58 PM

I think that at an early age I relized that this world of mine was run by men. and i relized that I needed to be like them to survive. I had to think like them in order to be me. I'm good with my hands. I would not want to do woodworking for a living. It is very time consuming. Most people think that it is easy and cheap to do. It's cheap if the labor is free. But i'm not free, I'm expensive. And worth it. [Wink]
So I don't sell the things I make. I give them away. I want special people in my life to have something from me. Something OF ME.
My kitchen took me two years. But I built every cabinet in it. If anyone would like pictures of it, send me your email and I'll send pictures. Does anyone know if I can put putures here? It would be cool to share things like that, and our kids and grandkids.
Sandy

Re: boy toys - 08/07/03 07:34 AM

That's a YES on the pictures Sandy if you would like to share them. My email is GJawjaw1@aol.com

Love to see them.

Re: boy toys - 08/07/03 01:15 AM

Jawjaw, they are on there way. Sandy

Re: boy toys - 08/07/03 02:39 AM

Sandy sent the pic's of her handy work, and I just wanted to brag on her for a sec. She gives a new meaning to the word "handyWOMAN" girls. You really should have her send you the pictures. It was a real treat. Thanks Sandy for being so generous and sharing a part of your world.

Re: boy toys - 08/07/03 03:22 AM

Well, Jawjaw, what can i say? My husband's family is from KY, and down there they would say: Go on with ya!
So I guess that is the best thing a yankee could say to someone down there in response to all that praise. So, Go on with ya!!
I will send you a couple more pictures of things i have made. not all woodworking. since you enjoyed the others. [Cool] Not that I'm bragging or nothin. [Wink] Sandy
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: boy toys - 08/08/03 09:48 PM

Okay girls, you've got me real curious. I am totally impressed without even seeing the pictures. I am happy when I can put together a piece of furniture from Target! LOL!

As far as putting pictures in here...the best thing to do is put a link to your site if you have one. If not, receiving them through e-amil is great.

Please forward to dots@boomerwomenspeak.com!

Looking forward to it. I will show them off to my hubby too!

Again, I think the women in this forum are so collectively talented. You go girls! [Razz]

Re: boy toys - 08/12/03 11:36 PM

Dotsie, i just sent them. Sandy