Reading

Posted by: 40something

Reading - 10/23/02 05:16 AM

I love curling up with a good book, but I never have as much time as I would like to do this. I carry the current book around with me in my briefcase, just in case I have a free minute. (Sometimes yes, and sometimes no.) I've seen a t-shirt that says, "So many books, so little time!" Boy, isn't that the truth!
Posted by: laxmom247

Re: Reading - 12/04/02 12:29 AM

I agree. there is never enough time to read. I too carry a paperback around in my briefcase, "just in case" Sometimes the kids are late at practice, you just never know when you may get a few minutes. I love inspirational or just out and out escape fiction-like a good mystery or fantasy novel.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Reading - 01/06/03 04:25 AM

This time of year, reading is my favorite hobbie. I love to read anytime, anyplace! I usually have a few books going at once. I like to have an inspirational book to keep me on track spiritually, a book about the writing profession, and a fun fiction book. I am looking for a good fiction book. Any ideas?
Posted by: Micki

Re: Reading - 01/06/03 05:33 PM

Have you read the "Left Behind" series?

And I loved "We were the Mulvaneys" and all of the James Patterson and Patricia Cornwell books, and then there are a whole line of mystery books written about Baltimore and Maryland by a local female author (can't recall her name right now, but....it's CRS for sure!!)

Then, I usually read the autobiographies (Just did Rosie, Michael J. Foxx, etc,) and the big historical stuff, like GWTW (which I read about once a year) and Mrs. Mike (which I read about twice a year).
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Reading - 01/07/03 08:57 AM

The "Left Behind" series rings a bell. What is that series about?