I'm embarrassed

Posted by: Dee

I'm embarrassed - 03/14/09 09:07 PM

I'm embarrassed to have been away for so long...I do check in from time to time to see what everyone's up to...I do think of you all...and I miss not knowing the newbee's.
I'm still plugging away at my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt...I'm approximately 12 inches all the way around the edge from being finished...the quilting guild surprised me by announcing they need all quilts entered in the show for judging be in a month earlier than I thought, so I'm having to spend more time than ever quilting. I'll never hand-quilt another king size quilt ever in my life again...I started last June and cannot believe how long it's taking me.
When I'm finished I'll post a picture and please keep your fingers crossed that I finish it in time for the quilt show in May. John and Stephanie's wedding isn't until October so if for some reason I don't make the quilt show I am sure it will be finished in time for the wedding...(fingers crossed)
Miss you all so much!!!!!
Posted by: Lola

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/14/09 09:24 PM

Missed you too, Dee. But, if one has to beaver away at a quilt for a very special occasion, you must beaver away. Actually thought of you a few days ago when they had something in the news about the latest Harry Potter film.
Posted by: humlan

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/14/09 10:49 PM

Hi Dee..

I`m not around that much either..but I am veery glad to have caught you here when you made a short visit yourself!!!

Good luck with your quilt!!! You are creating something that will be handed down from generation to generation..you realize that?

Hugs..so many angel hugs!!!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/16/09 12:56 AM

So happy to know you are okay and just busy. So you decided to give them the quilt huh! I hope they appreciate all the work and love that has gone into it.
Posted by: Edelweiss3

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/16/09 09:09 PM

Hi Dee! Well you know how the saying goes;

When you quit quilting,
You'll stop jilting,
The girlfriends all around.
But as you know,
We love you so,
And will catch you on the rebound!

smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/16/09 11:38 PM

Dee, we missed your voice! I'm sure the quilt will be done in time for the spring show -- see how much faith I have in you? smile
Posted by: chickadee

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/17/09 04:07 AM

Missed you too Dee. Maybe we can meet up someday when I get moved there...after the quilt is finished of course.
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/18/09 03:33 AM

Dee it's great to have you stop by even if it's for a quick visit. Your son and wife will truely enjoy and love the quilt.

I give you lots of credit for doing a quilt by hand. Tough job. But after seeing you other pictures of your projects I'm positive this one is beautiful.

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/18/09 03:37 AM

Wow!!!! Glad to hear from all you guys!!! Made my day! First,
LOLA: Can't wait for the new HP movie to come out...I was stunned that they didn't release it last November...can't wait until July!...or is is June?

HUMLAN: Hello dearest. I think of you often and wonder how you're doing...how your son is doing? What's going on in your life. You're tucked away in my heart...great big hugs to you.

CHATTY: Yes, I was at one point ready to make a bon fire out of it but changed my mind. I can only do my best and hope it's enough...if not, oh well. I spoke to my future DIL the other day and so that's progress...thanks for letting me vent to you when all that stuff was going on. Things are pretty much okay now.

EDELWEISS: Hey you across the pond!!! I love the Fasching photos...reminds me of the parades I saw in Wiesbaden...I have one on video somewhere...that was quite a few years back. I love you, too!!!
MERIDETH: You're a treasure!! Thanks for the faith...I need it at the moment!!! How is your jewelry business doing?

CHICKADEE!!! You're moving here? That would be so cool...when are you moving? How close to Mobile? We have got to get together...quilt or no quilt...I can put it down long enough to visit...always!!

Thanks again for all your well wishes...I love this place and love you all!!! Back to that #^$% quilt!!

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/18/09 03:38 AM

SANDPIPER!!! Sorry, I didn't see your post there...must have snuck in on me. Thank you sweetheart...I hope they like it as well...if they let the dogs or cat on it I'll blow a gasket!!! LOL Hugs to you dearest!!!!
Posted by: Lola

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/18/09 07:30 AM

17th July, Dee. Be there or be square! LOL!!!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/18/09 07:05 PM

Dee, I have a feeling you'll make another one when your other son gets married! What a thought, huh?

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/19/09 03:08 PM

Dotsie...yeah, you're right...but, hopefully, that won't happen for awhile. I put Larry's quilt on hold when I learned John is getting married, so as soon as I'm finished with John's, Larrys gets pushed to the front again.

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/20/09 09:19 PM

Poor Larry - getting put on the back burner. Somehow, I don't feel too sorry for him becaseu I know you take care of him anyway!

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/24/09 09:03 PM

Awwwhhh...you're sweet Dotsie...I try.
Posted by: Anno

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/24/09 10:15 PM

Dee, it's good to know that you are not only alive and well, but quilting, too.

You are an inspiration - happy, full of life and wanting to do as much as possible. I miss your voice here, but I am so very happy that you are living such a wonderful life.

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/26/09 02:44 AM

Hi ANNO...I miss being here to tell you the truth. BWS was always my down time to tune out everything else going on and just be with some wonderful women. Life is still great...spring has sprung big time in Satsuma and Larry hasn't left me yet because of quilting thank goodness. As if my rear end isn't getting big enough from all the sitting around I've been doing Larry bought me a box of Godiva chocolates as a surprise...God love him...he's so sweet.
I counted down the days and I have 40 days to finish the quilt before the deadline to have it handed in to the judges...I'm going at a break neck pace and have let everyone in the family know that they're welcome to stop by if they're willing to do the cooking and cleaning while I do this needlework...LOL. Once all this is finished I'll ask my dear friend Edelweiss if she'll post my photos as I still haven't figured out how to 'attach' photos to BWS...UGh!!!
I'm thinking of and miss you all so much. Thanks for all the emails Chatty...you keep me laughing.
Hugs Hugs Hugs
Posted by: chickadee

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/26/09 04:01 AM

Dee I hope you are taking some "stages" pics. That would make a nice slideshow don't you think. You could add a photo CD with the gift. Maybe they won't share with the kitties when they see just how much work went into lovingly making it.

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/26/09 02:15 PM

chick, great idea. I'm clueless when it comes to understanding how much work goes into making a quilt, but holy mackeral, Dee's been working on this forever and a day. What a gift of love! Yes, photos would be great.

Re: I'm embarrassed - 03/26/09 09:23 PM

Chick...I'm going to make a 'memory' book to go along with the quilt. I have photos of Larry making the frame for basting the thing at the very beginning, photos of Larry's mom, my sister-in-law and I basting it, and larry's taken photos here and there. Once it goes into the quilt show, I'll take more photos of it hanging there and all those photos combined will be put together in a final memory book for John and Stephanie. Mom and Shirley were here today and looked at it...they're always such a wonderful world of support and keep encouraging me to keep at it.
Dotie...I began in June last year...because it's a whole cloth and because it's being done by hand, it takes a lot longer than if I were quilting it on my sewing machine...I'm not coordinated enough or have the patience to do it by machine...too big and bulky. I will post a final photo once it's completed. Thanks for the words of support and encouragement...you gals are such an inspiration.
Hugs Hugs Hugs
Posted by: KathleenGageSpeaker

Re: I'm embarrassed - 04/23/09 12:57 AM

I have been away for a long, long time. Busy with business and yet, I realize now that I am posting in the Forum today I have always enjoyed the group here.

It has been an incredible year so far and keeps getting better. Been enjoying time outside since the weather has warmed up in Eugene, Oregon.

Gardening in my flower gardens are one of my favorite pass times.

Business is doing great. Health is fabulous.

Life is grand.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: I'm embarrassed - 04/23/09 04:31 AM

Kathleen, any time you drop in it's a good day. Always glad to read your voice in here!