Psychics, Astrology, etc...

Posted by: dancer9

Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 12/23/07 07:48 PM

What are your feelings on these and other sorts of pursuits?
I am a third generation Astrologer and my sister is published on the subject. I have a use for astrology.

I thought of the psychics because Princess Lenora reminded me when she posted elsewhere. I do see a psychic from time to time and they are always right when they speak of my future so I trust a good one. My last reading was that I would have a new audience in the public eye and it would be speaking. Also, she said I would continue to sing. I have not had an audience for speaking but I believe her, I've much to say and am not shy! She said people would learn from me...?

What about tarot cards? What about other forms of these adventures?

Does anyone enjoy these things and if so, what sorts?

Oh, and I am a Pisces, Sagittarius Moon, and Capricorn Rising, for any astrologers!

dancer9
Posted by: orchid

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 12/24/07 05:40 AM

No not interested. As for astrology just more of a lark thing if I read mine....couple times a year.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 12/24/07 05:51 AM

Dancer, if you run a Search here -- we've had discussions on this before, so you might get a bit more information there as well. However, since you've asked -- I'll sum up some of my stuff now.

I've seen one psychic and one palm reader who were very insightful/accurate about me.

Two different people did my astrology chart. Both contained major inaccuracies. I've never had my cards read so I can't comment on that.

I have true but limited sight about myself -- mostly I know what I need to know, and don't worry about the rest.

I also have limited sight about past lives, and know that I have at least one more go-around. I can't see past more than one, though.

My greatest gift? I see inside others, and know who they are to the core. But some people I don't see at all.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 12/25/07 10:56 AM

Dancer did you ever consider that your new large audience in the public eye might be this very public Boomer forum?
You posts/words speak volumes and are eagerly listened to by us all here and thousands more surfing and reading what is said...
Shes right that many have and continue to learn from you here!!!

I am a Cancer, believe strongly in Psychic ability of which I have been told I posses. I too like Meredith can read people well, especially women. I truly believe in spirits/angels here on earth watching over us. I have had three haunting experiences that have made a believer out of me...

My tarot readings showed a very long life among other things...I enjoy having my palms and cards read and have the ability to spot a fake.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 12/25/07 12:11 PM

Chatty glad you came back to dancer..
even if topics have been discussed before I feel those here now are a new entity.Their energy is a gift and another point of view.
Also finding topics in the past is hit and miss for me.
Not surprised you have ability Chatty...

we have lived learned and been touched so much by life and others that latent gifts are awakened due to pure eperience and processing.
I will look in now and then to see what gets discussed..May add something.Must go cook for now...
I only came in today to say..
Have a Happy Christmas all.
Mountain ash
Posted by: orchid

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 12/25/07 06:04 PM

Am Aquarius --moody, futuristic sign. Water-bearer. There is a creative streak there too. Haven't quite memorized the characteristics of this sign.

In CHinese astrology, I was born in year of the pig/boar, but can't which natural element of my year. If it's fire, water/ice, wood, whatever. The 2nd element paired with astrological year animal refines your personality/destiny characteristics.

There are 1-2 similarities between Aqarius and year of pig people, is that they are loyal people under certain relationship conditions.

If I believed in all this..

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 12/25/07 06:21 PM

Chatty,
You are extraordinarily kind and nurturing... a Cancer. You have blessed me with some of your nurturing on this forum and I am a lucky woman for it. I know that you have done much to make me feel welcome and a part of it all.

Of the Cancerian traits you show the greatest of them. Warm, nurturing, intuitive, and there for people. You hardly show any of the hard aspects of your sign, such as shutting yourself off to others in order to stay safe.

You are special, very special and I feel special for your help in the forum, in life, and with you sharing your wisdom. One is lucky indeed to have the shelter of a Cancer, of a Chatty, to be creative under, giving them a voice and a feeling of safety to say their piece and being safe to do so.
It is Christmas and I have this precious time to myself to answer some posts.
Let me take Christmas to tell you, Chatty, and everyone, how lucky we are to have Chatty here on this forum. We are gifted, we truly are. I'm met SO many females in my time on earth, sometimes being surrounded by them at work in the hundreds! I think I know women pretty well.

I would know, Chatty is fabulous.

dancer9

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 12/25/07 06:30 PM

Orchid,
Aquarius is
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 12/25/07 11:59 PM

Dancer,
I do have a Cancer bad trait, and do at times have a tendency to shut myself away for safetys sake, especially when men are concerned. Losing two has made me afraid to lose another one. I also picked a number three and made a horrible mistake in judgement, but I was going through a nervous collapse at the time...brain drain, I like to call it.
You dear lady, are too kind with your words regarding me but I thank you as it means more to me than I can say...

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 12/26/07 12:11 AM

Regarding my praise for you, Dear Chatty,
I am a woman KNOWN for the truth. You betcha!
dancer9
Posted by: lionspaaw

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/04/08 12:32 AM

Leo sun, Pisces rising, hidden Aquarian twin tuning in here -- and I am most DEFINATELY a believer

I know there are people that think that you can't believe in God and astrology, psychics, etc -- but I have to disagree. I think these are gifts available to all of us -- but only some of us are able to open their minds to the possibility.

Meredith - you say you have limited sight about past lives -- lately I've had a "thought" that makes me wonder if my "multiple personality disorder" has more to do with my past lives than this life -- especially since several highly respected doctors have diagnosed me with MPD (or DID) yet they are baffled why they can't find the "usual" causes for it -- I'm very interested in following up on this

and Chatty -- wow -- yea -- I hear you --

I'm not sure if you would call it being psychic, but I tend to aborb people's emotions -- strangers in the store, not just ones I know well, sometimes effect me so strongly when I walk past them that I have had to go back and make "contact conversation" with them -- like walking up to one woman and telling her that everything would be okay (first she looked at me strangely and then she smiled and hugged me)- (I tend to do this more than makes my hubby comfortable) and once as I drove past this house -- I had this over-whelming urge to stop and tell the man that lived there not to go to work that night (turns out he did work at night and was a cop). I have had a "feeling" and pulled off the side of the road and the car behind me got broadsided by a car that ran the stop sign -- so I believe

There are most definately angels, spirits and guides here to help us through if we can just open our minds and listen to them. We only have to look for the signs all around us for life to take an easier path. And personally - I believe that God has given us these signs and gifts.

but then -- I've been known to fire (Leo) myself up just to water (Pisces) myself out -- so what would I know

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/04/08 12:34 AM

lionspaaw,
we are on the same page in this sort of thing.
Picses sun, Sag moon, (conjunct jupiter,) Cap rising!
And most definately all of it shows!

I agree with you and see with a different sort of sight.

dancer

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/04/08 03:00 AM

Lionspaaw, I have several friends who are psychic as well and see past lives, but no one has multiple personality disorder, so I have no clue as to yours. One fairly common belief system is that in this life, we will work out problems from past lives, or have to return in the future to do so. (In other words, keep trying until we get it right.) Sometimes there's "residual personality" from past times, but I've never heard of MPD in this context. That doesn't mean it can't be so -- it just means I don't know. Whatever, you should trust your instincts.

From your description, you're definitely what is called Empath and also Seer. I'm empath but not seer. I see my own path but can't see anyone else's.

Have you always had this level of ability, or did it increase after Robert's death? I ask because I had some ability before, but much more after I went through cancer. Traumatic events can open up paths in our life.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/04/08 03:08 AM

Oh gosh, someone read me!

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/04/08 05:46 PM

I have an usual talent.Just occasionally when I see someone I see their complexion as a colour bordering on jaundice.One man in college came near my students on an errand.I saw this and clocked that he was not OK. This was correst (in retrospect)
I almost forget I see this then it happens.Last time I was waiting for a theatre show on a sunny afternoon and a middle age woman passed.I saw this "colour" I believe no one else present sees this.
It isnt scary just a fact.Its not an aura its actually s definate variation in skin tone.
I have experienced several experiences which lead me to believe "There are more things in heaven and earth" .
Good topic.
Mountain ash

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/04/08 05:54 PM

I meant to add this is in no way the same experience I have when meeting an ill person.In school fragile pupils were brought to my department. as time went by many factors showed me when they were in decline.Behaviour and change in routine.amongst others.
What I describe above is completly different
Mountain ash

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/04/08 06:53 PM

Mountain Ash,
It's possible you see people's auras!
dancer9

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/04/08 07:12 PM

I have always seen other's paths. As a child I was told to quiet down with my info because I would blurt it out!
I was in a study done by the University here when I was little for "esp." It was very amusing!
dancer

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/04/08 07:32 PM

My mother also has certain abilities. She would often tell me that she "knew" something which she had no way of logically knowing. When my grandmother died in Florida (we were in NYC) my mother started shaking. A few minutes later, the phone rang and Mom's first words were "I know."

Among my craft fairs, I also sell at Goddess festivals, which draw on a crowd many of whom are psychic. My abilities are relatively low next to these women, but it's almost a non-issue -- within this community, it's just assumed that a goodly number have some kind of ability.

Six times in my life, upon meeting someone who seemed nice on the surface, the hairs on my arms stood straight up. I instantly knew I was in danger, and high-tailed out as soon as possible.

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/04/08 07:43 PM

No dancer
I have seen an aura but this is as I described.
Their face colour is sallow and even if they act normally I sense a danger.
Mountain ash
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/04/08 08:12 PM

I once tried selling a large Bavarian castle for over two years. Two old ladies lived in it, and in their frustration visited a psychic in January. The psychic said they need not worry, they will have a buyer in April who will pay the asking price.

I want to add that I didn't believe in this, and just shrugged the information off.

Lo and behold, April first I found a buyer who bought the castle right on the spot with out bargaining a penny.

That freaked me out. It really did.

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/04/08 08:17 PM

The right psychic can be uncanny, certianly, I saw three at the beginning of my journey.
They ALL said I would have a public audience again. The last one told me that they all probably said the same thing because I did not believe them! LOL, she was right!

I still don't. The public catches me, I don't look for them!
Alas, I will still wear my pajamas to the drugstore!

dancer is getting better!

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/04/08 08:20 PM

Okay, now I see, Mountain Ash. Is it any danger, or health, may I ask?
dancer

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/04/08 08:22 PM

ohhhhh, me too, Meredith! I sense "bad people," like I have a radar for them! Esp. if they are near my loved ones!
I try to keep them in my sites if I can't get them out of my world.
It's the old Italian saying,
"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer!"

Uh huh.
dancer

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/04/08 09:20 PM

dancer
not health.I believe I am being warned that there is badness.
I sense health issues otherwise.
Remember I was a school nurse for a long time.I have a developed "radar"
Mountaina ash
Posted by: lionspaaw

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/06/08 01:22 AM

Meredith -- most of my "experiences" happened before Robert died -- mainly because afterwards I shut down. It's just been lately that I've started to "feel" again -- but now I find that I dont have a lot of patience with most people -- it's hard to stay on their "plane" when I know now that there is so much more -- and that knowledge came to me via Robert

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/06/08 01:39 AM

Mountain Ash,
I did not know you were a school nurse! People like yourself who work with children are angels, they truly are! It is like you though to have such a selfless job! I really mean it, I admire those who work in our schools or anywhere in schools, it can be trying, very trying, I know, and it can be rewarding, but it takes a special person. You are one.
dancer9

Re: Psychics, Astrology, etc... - 01/06/08 10:04 AM

dancer
Pastoral care and medical(emmergency aid giving of drugs attending to immunisation and pregnancy)There was only 1 boy in the twelve years I disliked.
O and I forgot..resolving conflict after the fight.And bullying.The group "in" thing .
That was before...now is now,
Mountain ash