Knees...

Posted by: jabber

Knees... - 10/28/14 01:51 PM

Anne,
How are the knees doing. I twisted my left knee walking the dogs yesterday morning. Then I fell down the upstairs, staircase. So I'm hurting a bit today. Remember I said my brother works for the Buffalo Bills Football Team? Well years ago he and my SIL gave me a tub of "natural pain relieving gel. I'm using that. Brand name is: SOMBRA! This is what the football players use when they get hurt. It contains: aloe vera extract, capsaicin, carbomer, decyl polyglucose, grapefruit seed extract, green tea extract, orange peel extract, witch hazel, yucca extract,etc. It's made in the USA by Sombra Inc.; 5951 Office Blvd., NE; Albuquerque, NM 87109 go to www.sombrausa.com
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Knees... - 10/28/14 03:34 PM

Capsaicin is wonderful. But don't get it in your eyes! Did you know it's from hot peppers?
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Knees... - 10/28/14 05:06 PM

Hi Jabber,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have an OTC capsaicin cream I've used now and then, but my problem with it is that I have to scrub down my knees several times in the evening before I take my nice hot bath, because the heat of the water will start the capsaicin cream up again, making the areas where its been applied feel like they're on fire. Otherwise, I love the effects.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Knees... - 10/29/14 12:32 PM

Sorry, Anne. I forgot I had this stuff. I put it in a corner of a closet and only use it when things get desperate. My knee is better this morning. I'll use this "sombra" a couple days and then forget I have it until the next mishap. This cream has a heating sensation, too. But it really works. And that's the good news. God bless...