Good vacuum cleaner

Posted by: chatty lady

Good vacuum cleaner - 02/19/11 10:51 PM

I have two vacuum's, onde is a pull along you put water into. The water catches the dirt and you just dump it all out afterwards. It is a dust free vacuum. But then I also have a Shark light weight for floors and quick pick me ups. I use it alot. My friend has an Oreck and it seems to be a great little machine, rather pricey but it seems worth the money. I remember my mom's Hoover, good grief it took a body builder to push rhat thing around. I think she had it over 25 years.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Good vacuum cleaner - 03/28/12 01:12 AM

I hate vacuuming but some of these newer sweepers are easy to operate and do a good job picking up the dirt.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Good vacuum cleaner - 03/28/12 03:18 PM

I have two, too. The upright is a Hoover. It's okay. It has bags that need replacing when full. My MIL gave me a Red Devil for the stairs and small jobs. That thing is so loud I hate using it.
That has filters that need replacing every so often. And the canister needs dumping after each use. When my MIL was alive she could not use her vacuum; it was a drag around with a long hose.
That things was so difficult to use, I couldn't work it either.
I sold it in the Estate Sale. Can't remember the make of the stupid thing, though.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Good vacuum cleaner - 03/28/12 06:22 PM

I want to buy a really good vacuum cleaner sometime soon. Our current home has a central vac system, but I don't think it cleans as well as my old vacuum, which I'd be using except the motor burnt out. (I'd have the motor replaced, except that the darn thing was a bit heavy and awkward. It DID Have a HEPA filter and cyclonic action, and you could always see how full the dirt collection canister was, so it was easy to know when to empty it.)

A few weeks ago I asked a friend of mine, who runs a resort home cleaning service, what brands he found most useful. Thing is, he told me two brands, and I don't remember which they were...

I have been thinking of getting a Dyson Ball machine. I've heard they work really well, but are quite pricey...

Although, if they actually worked and are quiet, a Roomba, those cute little robotic things that run themselves might be nice....

Here's a link I just searched out for best vacs on the market in 2012.

Oh, and yes, I have a Red Devil and another similar model that is made of metal, not plastic. But as you say, Jabber, those things are REALLY loud.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Good vacuum cleaner - 03/29/12 01:18 PM

Thanks for that link. A person almost needs earplugs when using those Red Devils.