Sex, anyone?

Posted by: scorpio

Sex, anyone? - 12/09/05 04:06 AM

Aside from the fact that I have absolutely NO libido, I'm a normal healthy 55 year old woman...unless you count the fact that I've been having hot flashes since I was about 35. Am I alone in this or is it natural? Luckily, I'm no longer married (widowed) so there's no man to fend off but I'd love to get that desire back. Any help out there?
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/09/05 04:32 AM

Probably only the right man with the right chemistry can bring back that desire....I apparently haven't found mine yet and am happy dating without sex. If it's meant to be, it will be.
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/09/05 04:35 AM

Hi Scorpio,

Hot flashes for 20 years...please tell me it's not so. I was kind of beginning to accept maybe 10, 15 was a jump but, 20 just take me out back and shoot me.
No, you are not alone...there's plenty of us around, with various symptoms.

Welcome.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/09/05 08:50 AM

Scorpio, mine comes in stages but most of the time, I could care less. I hate it too! I used to consider myself a sexual being but now, I'm just a being.
Posted by: LSmith5434

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/09/05 10:41 AM

Been married for 41 years, haven't had sex for the last three years.
I want it!! But not with my husband.
So........I agree......if it's meant to be......that's ok with me.
Lynne

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/09/05 07:12 PM

Gosh, my last message looks like I hate sex. I meant that I hate that I don't care about it anymore.

Three years? Gadzooks! [Eek!]
Posted by: Sherri

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/10/05 08:52 AM

My sex desire is gone, but accommodate my husband cause his is still going strong.
Posted by: Danita

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/09/05 10:53 PM

My husband has been AMAZING LATELY!

In fact, we were in a store, and I was doing my "snotty wife" routine....going,

"I better get choc. covered cherries for christmas"...he said, "it's already taken care of". (hmpf)

So I'm like, "I better get a massage for Christmas"...he's like..."that's taken care of also". Hmpf.

I'm like, "so what's up with you..you've been listening to me drop hints for the past two months of what I would like for christmas?"..

He didn't say anything. However, later in the p.m., he DID reveal how our sex life has him wanting to check the address (is he at the right house? LOL..) Our sex life hasn't really changed much, except I think he feels "better taken care of". I'm always coming up behind him when he's reading and nibble on his neck...he is so cute...he gets goosebumps. I love doing that to him.

Today I'm in HORRIBLE shape (with a "visitor in town") and he's hugging me and telling me how much he appreciates me.

I'm like..."where is my husband and what have you done with him"!

20 years of cultivating this relationship. 20 hard years. Sometimes wishing I could wave my magic wand and have this man adore me. Maybe miracles DO happen.

Danita

[ December 09, 2005, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Danita ]
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/09/05 10:55 PM

Mine is always amazing - but most of the time, I just want SLEEP!!!

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/09/05 11:53 PM

((blushing)) lol,

I ment that my husband has been amazingly thoughtful as of late....and I think it is a result of sex. LOL

I hear you! I'm into sleeping also! But sometimes "the shadow" creeps up on me while I slumber, and, well, ya know...

danita
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/09/05 11:58 PM

Well now I'm blushing, too!!
The shadow!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/10/05 02:40 AM

Danita you are the lucky one having your own personal M.M.(private joke) and Sherri, wow, you go girl. Three years huh, drop in a hat try since 1990...if I wasn't peeing so often I would think the whole area had grown over by now...LOL See being celibate does affect your mind after awhile!!!! [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [Razz]
Posted by: Daisygirl

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/10/05 02:55 AM

I love sex, at least I think I still do......

Daisygirl

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/10/05 03:07 AM

Is the "shadow" your desire or your husband?
Posted by: Pattyann

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/10/05 03:49 AM

Scorpio,
Maybe you just need the right man.
Sometimes I think- no way- but just relaxing and holding and kissing and touching and the patience of the incredible man I married and I get so into it that I think it was my idea!
And somedays we don't get farther than the holding and the kissing but he understands that too
Sex can last forever-it better!!!

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/10/05 03:59 AM

Ever notice how those that have it, don't want it. Those who don't have it want it. Short hair want long hair, tall people want to be shorter, big boobs want smaller ones and vice a versa and ona and on and on, could this just be human nature? Everyone wants what they can't or don't have. Me I want a million bucks, then I could buy the rest>>>LOL [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]
Posted by: karenelaine1977

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/10/05 04:02 AM

I sure hope it lasts forever! Brad and I will be 80 years old, chasing each other around the kitchen table. LOL

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/10/05 05:20 AM

Ditto here.

He's the shadow...I'm just the sleeping, willing accomplice (how in the #$@@ do you spell that word....I can't find my dictionary!) Sorry.

Danita

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/10/05 07:55 PM

Hmm...

I'm picturing it...I'm picturing it. Lucky woman!

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/11/05 08:15 AM

Di,

You are so cute, and I AM very lucky!

Yesterday I felt just miserable (the "friend" in town, ya know)...we were watching a movie together (which I never slow down to do unless I'm dieing)...and he said...I know what will make you feel better...

(I'm thinking, "ya, riiiiggghhhhhttt")...he goes upstairs and comes down with a box of choc. covered cherries. Wooo hooo party on the couch.

I'm telling you, an alien has inhabaited my man.

Danita
Posted by: MossPatch

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/10/05 09:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Danita:

I'm telling you, an alien has inhabaited my man.

Danita

Yup. That's what I thought, too, 'bout half an hour after the "I Do's". [Eek!]
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/10/05 11:17 PM

hahahaha..... [Big Grin]
Posted by: scorpio

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/10/05 11:45 PM

Thanks for all the comments. Perhaps it IS that I just don't have the right man (or any man, for that matter [Roll Eyes] ).
And, yeah, 20 years is just waaay too long to be having flashes. When I started having them, my doctor told me I was too young so I had every test on the planet in order to rule out other possibilities (Lupus, cancer, thyroid, AIDS, etc). When everything came back negative, I just gave up and figured I'd live with it, never imagining it would be this long. I'll let y'all know when (if?) they stop.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/11/05 10:33 PM

Scorpio,
Did you Mom experience hot flashes this long? Just curious if it could be hereditary.

JJ
Posted by: LSmith5434

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/12/05 01:01 AM

Give me a break Danita........you lucky girl!
Who knows......maybe one of these days I will lose my yearn for sex, and then the hubby and I will get along just fine!
Lynne
Posted by: DJ

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/15/05 07:23 AM

scorpio
I've talked about this a lot on this site, so I want to keep it brief. Have you researched "estrogen dominance"? Look for Dr. John Lee's stuff. It's on line. Eliminate anything that mimics estrogen i your diet, or foods that contain it (like milk products with growth hormone, meat that's not organic, etc.) and you might start controlling the hot flashes.

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/15/05 04:28 PM

Soy also, right DJ?

danita

[ December 15, 2005, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Danita ]

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/15/05 10:34 PM

You mean, the stuff they make from scrapings off the floor in the genetically-modified-soybean factory? I'd say that might not be too good for ya.

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/16/05 06:03 AM

The right kind of Soy can and is beneficial in moderation like so many other products. Keep it as natural as possible.
Posted by: travelchick

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/17/05 01:30 AM

Danita,

What are you feeding that guy of yours--where did you get it, how much did it cost?!!! Haven't done the horizontal mombo in 7 years, not because I'm not willing!

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/17/05 02:17 AM

travelchick -

You know my man...so I will say no more! rotfl (I don't want you having naughty thoughts when you see him!) lol.

ohhhhh. Seems like that is somewhat a norm on the site here. :0(

Danita

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/17/05 06:17 PM

ahem. Getting back to Scorpio's question (where did she go, by the way?) soy can contribute to hot flashes because it contains phyto-estrogens. (btw -- when I spoke of scrapings from the soy factory floor, I was thinking of soy milk).
Other contributors are hot spices because they increase your internal body temp. Take fish oil to cool down.

Re: Sex, anyone? - 12/17/05 07:14 PM

Thanks for the clarification on that DJ.

Details escape me sometimes! lOl!

danita