HRT alternatives

Posted by: Kathryn

HRT alternatives - 01/24/03 04:26 PM

A friend recently went to her Gyn because she's having perimenopausal symptoms that are starting to cause her problems. When she asked her dr's opinion about HRT the doctor said well what do you think? The doctors are now all running a little scared and some won't even give opinions about hormone replacement. But two things that keep coming up over and over are soy and anti-depressant/anxiety meds. I have found that switching to soy milk and other sources of soy did reduce some of my symptoms. In addition, anti-anxiety meds seem to have eliminated the night sweats and hot flashes, not to mention the benefit to the mood swings. I suppose it could all be coincidence, but I don't think so!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: HRT alternatives - 01/24/03 11:38 PM

Okay, I know you must have told us this before, and I apologize that the post is missing, but what is his site? I couldn't find it.

Is this the same man who has the books about menopause and peri-menopause?

Also, FYI...while I was searching for Dr. John Lee online, I didn't find his site but I did find a site that he contributes too. Check out www.heranswer.com. It has a wealth of information! I have never been on a site quite like it. All of this peri-menopause *stuff* is new to me.
Posted by: DJ

Re: HRT alternatives - 01/25/03 03:47 AM

www.johnleemd.com