The Art of Conscience Loving

Posted by: Danita

The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/12/07 03:58 PM

OK ladies,

I'm going to steam it up here a bit. LOL

This is a "sensitive" subject -- but I think the info is too good not to share.

I am NOT going to type the word that represents this information - but will guide you to looking it up and finding it. I'm afraid if I post "the word"..that boomerwomenspeak will be googled and become a "clearing house" for people with "alternative intimate ideas". LOL

There is a new consciencness in America - which is actually an ancient Indian art form. There is a couple whose names are:
charles and caroline muir who have put together a VERY tasteful program - that would guide a couple through learning these exercises. (google them, then go to the website named source_ _ _ _ _ _). (again, not posting the word...but it starts with a "t") (am I killing any of you yet).

The premise of this "artform" is to help couples connect on a physical AND spiritual level in their intimate times. (it is a tad bit "new-agey", but I definitly see how it could benefit anyone)!

The other thing I find intriguing about it is - it helps women in particular, who have been abused or molested, to re-connect their mind and bodies.

I had a great "intimate life" (don't want to use the "s" word) when I was married - but I also was somewhat emotionally disconnected from it because of my past(if that makes any sense).

Life is too short to be a dress rehersal - I think this art form could be very pivotal in helping couples and women heal and connect on a new level. (this would also help couples who can't actually be "intimate" on physical levels - to connect spiritually).

If you have any questions - feel free to PM me.

I Did purchase the "learn at home kit" from the "source _ _ _ _ _ _" website - and was very impressed with how tastefully it all was put toghether, and re-inerated in differenct forms (book, audio, AND DVD).

Again,

Feel free to pm me with questions - I will answer them if I can.

DAnita
Posted by: Poppie

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/12/07 05:15 PM

we didn't have the luxury of the learn at home kit but it's still fun....I used the "T" word and didn't think it show up in a google search. ooops hope you have fun and keep breathing lol
Posted by: Poppie

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/12/07 05:22 PM

Celtic Posted that...not me Danita

Popea
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/12/07 07:14 PM

great your living learning and wanting to share your experinces with us danita...i give the web page a wee try..see whats happening...

celtic
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/12/07 09:40 PM

Ladies, Danita was kind enough to run this by me before posting. I hope this information is helpful. May God bless us in our intimacies.

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/13/07 10:46 PM

I always assomed america was very familare with this as a theripy and a spiritule philosiphy and a good passtime lol, gess i was wrong.

It certinly rearanges the concept of lovmaking with a big emphasis on the love and the divinity within your partner. Puts a whole new light on things, dosent it. I recomend it to anyone and everyone as its full of care and respect and tenderness and sometimes thats missing in our most sacred privat of acts. Their you even got me scared of using the t word and the ex word with a silent S hehehe just incase we are googled...Mind you that might be a goodsend to some wee ladie.

Have you done the home weekend studie. What did you think of it? what was especially good about it? was their anything that had you embarrised or too uncomphortable with it?

celtic
Posted by: Anno

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/14/07 02:32 AM

I was surprised to find out what the secret "T" word was. Is it a bad word? A bad thought? Is there something wrong with LOVE?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/14/07 02:35 AM

No, not at all. Danita was just trying to keep this site from being attacked by anyone doing major "searches" and googling certain KEY WORDS and ending up here sharing their "alternate" as she calls it, methods.............get it?
Posted by: NewLeaf

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/14/07 03:54 AM

I've been researching the t word and it seems that it is like the guys who masturbate while hanging themselves and eventually asphixiate. Both practices try very hard to achieve a better sexual experience...sort of another worldly experience.

Its not that hard to get...just a bottle of wine..some Al Green...desire for your husband and wife, and some candles...a great steak dinner and a cigar afterwards...nothing better...geeze, I could make a fortune.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/14/07 04:26 AM

Danita, we talking about T- For- Two here?

Sort of, right?

Looked it up and read some. Can't help but say Hubby and I would probably fall into giggling fits. Call us old fashioned, but when the urge comes there's no holding us back. The "T" is too much like following a complicated cook book recipe for me.

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/14/07 06:31 AM

Exactly! If my hubby and I started going into some sort of chanting, touching dialogue, we'd probably laugh so hard it would just ...not happen.

When we come together...its a spiritual thing anyway. Just call me unenlightened...where's my cigar?

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/14/07 11:24 AM

i was enjoying the fun over the T word and like yourself dind't think their be a trouble using it thought you were all just being coy....i have used it omg i left you vulrible to the googlers lol.

now ladies do you think danitas gonna chat about this openly in this colum now, if that was ever her intension?lol.....perhapps pm was a good idea afterall.

I am still defending it as a practice, it's lovilie and dose no one any harm.....and no its nuthing like anyone hanging themselfs,... for those reasons given... that example is missleading as to the practice and intension of what this T is about, so i don't know weer your research been done...but hay thats just your oppinion, i know, i know....
its a pitie you had to pick a reallie strange pervers practice, trying to taint(or tie in)T with the same brush when everyone else is having fun and just saying its not quite for them and leaving it at that. Ah well people will be people...

As a method of healing and reconecting mind, hart, bodie and sex u ality. For most people that are fragmented but especillie those that been aboused in adulthood and childhood....there very little to aid thes people in that area who have developed dissasotion from their bodies when having sex.

anyway regardless of what whats have fun and enjoy explorring this danita. And what a brave post to start.

celtic

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/14/07 04:03 PM

"T- for two"....I'm rofpmp!

This is definitly not for everybody....and chanting isn't even a big part of it....it's more connectIting on a spiritual level. I find it to be VERY beautiful, VERY healing.

One of the things they said in the book that I loved that "T" living is a commitment to living a life of peace and harmony. They suggest when you have a disagreement with your loved one, that you go lay down (spoon position) breath toghether, and re-connect. The suggest actually that a couple do this "connecting exercise" twice a day. A.m. before getting up, and at night. It also would include for me a prayer time with my partner (chanting for those who communicate that way).

No Celtic, you are right - lol, I have NO intention of sharing my personal experiences on the WORLD wide WEB. LOL. Think of how the men would be beating down the doors.

love and peace!

danita

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/14/07 08:27 PM

I get the idea, but it still seems like wanting a cheeseburger real bad, so you take one home with you, you remove the sesame seed bun and slowly lick the cheese from the juicy tender pattie, then you tenderly pull each moist carefully sliced strip of lettuce which is sticking to the sauce away so that you may then open your mouth and taste it slowly appreciatively with your tongue. You might then bite into each tomato wedge and let the sweet juice trickle down your throat while enjoying the tartness of the pickle. You think of the cheeseburger and visualize it in your mind. You imagine yourself being a cheeseburger...

You then worship the cheeseburger because you are one with it, the cheeseburger and you because now you have eaten it and it will remain a significant part of your thighs forever.

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/14/07 10:31 PM

Actually I have done that very thing with an oreo cookie more than once! And, I bet, that JJ has too. Right girl?

D and I spoon all the time. Even when we are angry with one another. I believe it keeps us connected on a very different level. I like what I read at this site and will go back and check out more.

I can see where it is not for everyone. Thank God we all like different things.
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/14/07 11:10 PM

Are you kidding...JJ couldn't take that long with an Oreo! What...get me out of the moat...I have something to say...blurb...blurb...

Anyway, I saw this quote this morning and thought about this post...

"The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases." Carl Jung, Psychologist

We all come from different places...the important thing is to find what works for us and celebrate!

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/15/07 04:58 AM

its 5 am i could not sleep, poor wee me too soar.....and i listening to cookie talk how outragiouse and hows a girl to resist.
no oreo's heer po dint shop just custerd creams and digestives which might be the uk orea's....i go try a few and see.
Just to take janes advice custerd creams work for me so it be a celibratory few

just being sillie
celtic

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/16/07 05:38 AM

Ohhhh, I forgot the meat patty!!! How could I?! That's the best part. I'm thinking McDonald's, or maybe Arby's? Has anyone seen my cigars??!!

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/16/07 06:26 PM

I posted this topic becuz I believe there are women out there like myself who need healing in this area of life.

It's not about achieving a "better s-x life"...but about connecting on a different level and healing.

I hope that anyone who feels "disconnected"...who is looking for a method to potentially heal....will feel free to PM me for more info about the website.

It's one of those things of "not throwing the baby away with the bath water".

danita
Posted by: Casey

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/16/07 06:33 PM

Quote:

I get the idea, but it still seems like wanting a cheeseburger real bad, so you take one home with you, you remove the sesame seed bun and slowly lick the cheese from the juicy tender pattie, then you tenderly pull each moist carefully sliced strip of lettuce which is sticking to the sauce away so that you may then open your mouth and taste it slowly appreciatively with your tongue. You might then bite into each tomato wedge and let the sweet juice trickle down your throat while enjoying the tartness of the pickle. You think of the cheeseburger and visualize it in your mind. You imagine yourself being a cheeseburger...

I wonder if you realize, NL, exactly how erotic this writing is! whoo!

I've been interested in this topic (The T word) for a long time -- even had a book on it once, but never had the right partner. But I might look into it again now. :-))

And I love spooning -- hubby and I do it a lot -- until the hot flashes come and then I don't want anyone near me adding their body heat!

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/16/07 08:39 PM

Ann...I find that amazing that you "spoon" even when you are angry at each other. I can't do that. The bed can't be wide enough when we quarrel.

I'm not a cuddly sleeper either. When Hubby's arm lies across my stomach...I usually wake up in a hot sweat after dreaming that some one is toasting a waffle; ... me being the waffle. If he could, he'd lay one leg over both of my legs, wrap his arms around me, and snore right into my middle ear.
Yikes, just the thought makes me break into a sweat, never mind the flashes! I need my room to spread eagle if I like;… pant pant. Am I alone on this?

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/16/07 08:49 PM

Casey, I know about the hot flashes making me roll over as far away as possible! Mine are pretty much done now, so we are spooning longer before I run off.

Hannelore, we made a deal when we first got together that we would never go to bed mad at each other. There have only been 3 times, in 6 years, that I have refused to sleep in the same bed with him. It is not easy to spoon him when I am angry with him, but it seems to remind both of us that we are mad with one part of the person, not the whole person.

As far as the snoring - I snore like a Texas Chainsaw Murderer and Dennis sings, yells and preaches in his sleep. We are quite the pair!

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/16/07 08:55 PM

LOL! What a great method to scare burglars away!

Oh yes, Ann, I've heard about that saying not to go to bed mad at each other…we try…but sometimes we fight when we're in bed! Hah! Our marriage is a crazy rollercoaster ride. I wish it wasn't that way…but with the downs…we do have our delightful ups.

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/16/07 10:01 PM

Quote:

It is not easy to spoon him when I am angry with him, but it seems to remind both of us that we are mad with one part of the person, not the whole person.

Anno...
That is such a beautiful thought...

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/17/07 05:20 AM

I like that too, Anno.

Earlier we were asked the question about hurting someone else's feelings in the process of doing something for ourselves. There are tough decisisons to be made throughout life, but one in particular I can think of is the decision to leave my husband of 21 years. He was a rageaholic though and we were all afraid of him. (three daughters and I). It hurt him terribly. He went off the deep end for a while, but I knew I was doing the right thing.

I hate hurting anyone at all. Sometimes it seems the consequence of doing the right thing hurts another. Maybe its because they aren't on the same page as you.

It hurt me when my daughter came home from jail and didn't want to live in the house I bought for she and her children. It hurt when she basically rejected me after I had taken care of her affairs and her children and paid for all of her jail calls and went to visit her 2 hrs. away.

Now, I realize she needed desperately to cut her own trail. She needed to learn to take care of herself and now that she is clean, it is a fresh new experience for her. I'm so happy and delighted for her as I see her accomplishments and her self sufficiency.

Its good to NOT be needed on that level.

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/17/07 11:22 AM

i like that quote too jane, ...anno its very true and i bet it makes the anger or hurt go a bit quicker....cuddling and focusing on the postive bits of the person...

newleaf. i gess it is nice not to be needed espacillie when you get chance to be proud of how well she is doing in the world....I am glad you and your d have came to understanding about her not moving in with you. Hope your relashionship with her goes from strenth to strenth and your pride at her accivments. Thats your babie girl doing so well...

celtic

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/17/07 05:38 PM

NL,
Your post got to the essence of the other quote...you hurt your husband (in a sense) to be true to yourself and the safety of your children...your daughter hurt you (in a sense)in order to be true to herself and to begin to live independently...

Those choices are never easy...but they yield the best outcomes in the long run...

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/18/07 08:40 AM

Oh, absolutely, Jane Carroll. I've been hurt so many times. It seems I wear my heart on my sleeve sometimes surrounded by a huge neon sign that says "hit me". But there is always a reason and I just have to back down and trust that there is a plan and I'm not in charge.

I keep reminding my husband, who isn't a believer, that he just needs to understand that everything in our lives will play out in a way that is best for all of us.

I'm thinking more and more each day that I don't need anyone right now. All my life I've been used and abused and have taken care of everyone else but me. Now I'm starting to take care of myself and to understand that, indeed, I am very different from the norm.

My husband even said this morning that I shouldn't be a part of this forum because I'm so different from anyone else. He advised me to save face and bow out. I told him I have just as much right as a 57 yr. old woman to be a part of this forum as anyone else.

We were discussing music. He is a huge fan of doowop. I like doowop in its context and I like music from every era. I even went through a big band thing where I enjoyed Tommy Dorsey and the like. But now I like hip hop. He said people relate to the music that touched them during the formative years of their lives.

I reminded him that my formative years haven't even begun and I'm still being affected by music. I am a changling and so many things affect me and stir my passion. It takes many, many outlets of expression to paint my picture.

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/18/07 06:37 PM

Danita
I am curious as to whether you have looked into any of the weekend get aways? They sound very interesting.

Please let us know if the learn at home kit was good in content, not just packaging. I am considering making a purchase myself.

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/19/07 12:04 AM

i pm her and got a good answere that way, don't know if danita is following the thread but ya can have a good old yarn in private anno if she dosent get back to you. ya can talk more deatail then...

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/19/07 03:39 AM

Where are my *&^% cigars anyway??? My husband just came into the room and said, "I thought you were coming to bed...." Well, see ya later ladies...Don't need the T or the K or the whatever, just need that warm sensual body, he does kinda look like Johnny Depp if you squint real hard. lol Good luck to ya, ladies with the chanting and all.

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/20/07 01:21 AM

Anno,

I think the content is very good - and very well presented. As I said in an earlier post - they reinterate the art in written, audio, and visual means. If one doesn't like to read - they can watch or listen to it.

I like how the Muirs present it.

danita
Posted by: gims

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/20/07 06:36 AM

Don't think it's for me and my husband, either. Good luck with it, though. It does sound interesting.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/20/07 10:31 AM

Anno, Mom taught us many years ago that you should mever go to bed angry. Ross and I also practice that method of keeping peace.

Re: The Art of Conscience Loving - 03/20/07 10:43 AM

yea thats the one pice off wisdom my parents stuck too as well and passed on to me...it stops festerring even if their no agrement theirs no lingerring hurt....its hard to do at times...We had it written into our vows as practical things we hope to achive dailie with each other....so far so good...