Dove PRO-Age

Posted by: DonnaJ

Dove PRO-Age - 02/20/07 04:58 PM

Has anyone seen these commercials? Instead of being 'anti-aging' they are 'pro-age'. Interesting perspective, and one I applaud. Thoughts?

http://www.doveproage.com/home.asp
Posted by: Poppie

Re: Dove PRO-Age - 02/20/07 05:31 PM

Hi Donna...I think they were mentioned a while back in the forums...but we in Ireland have only just got to see them. I think they are wonderful...and will be a delight for boomers at home here...and women of all ages realy.

Popea
Posted by: Anno

Re: Dove PRO-Age - 02/20/07 09:53 PM

After seeing this for the first time, I changed alot of my products to Dove products. I have to support this type of advertising.

Re: Dove PRO-Age - 02/20/07 10:45 PM

I did a search and couldn't find the topic, but I, too, just saw the commercials for the first time. At the end of the commercial, it says to visit the website to see the rest, which I did. The idea of 'anti-aging' has always been offensive to me. After all, each day we spend on earth, we age. Shouldn't we be FOR aging?

The women in the commercials are so beautiful - and not in that botoxed, photoshopped way.

Today I saw on another talk show where women over 40 were being sought out for some kind of contest. I'm loving it!
Posted by: whittlewoman

Re: Dove PRO-Age - 02/21/07 12:43 AM

As the ratio of the aged to the youth widens it is appropriate for those who are aging and in the decision making positions, to view aging in a positive way. Hooray for the corporation that makes Dove products. Hopefully the products are not poisonous or a waste of money to the consumers and the seeds of change are being planted.

Re: Dove PRO-Age - 02/26/07 05:48 AM

I bought the Dove Body Wash to try. Hopefully the products live up to the hype.
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Dove PRO-Age - 02/26/07 12:52 PM

I was surprised to see their magazine ad. But I applaud the woman who posed for it. That took courage and she looks great.
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Dove PRO-Age - 02/26/07 05:01 PM

I will check the web site out first . I wonder if we can get some samples first . ? Got give it a try first .

Renee
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Dove PRO-Age - 02/26/07 05:05 PM

i quite alergic to many products but i am ok with this stuff, i would just want to encourage the ad people and product people in the right way.....with my monie

Hope it continues, heers a change that has been long overdue

celtic

celtic
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Dove PRO-Age - 02/26/07 11:34 PM

Go Dove! You know it's funny, but I didn't FOCUS my attention on the "nude" bodes when I saw this ad, but on the fact that they were boomers. That was what caught my attention the first time through it.

I love the fact that they KNOW and APPRECIATE the fact that we exist!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Dove PRO-Age - 02/26/07 11:40 PM

I just saw an ad for the first time - three nude women. One of those bodies could have been mine with all the 'age growths' and 'love handles.' With all that's been in the news lately about anorexic models, I think showing women as they *really* are is wonderful. Go Dove!
Posted by: Anno

Re: Dove PRO-Age - 02/26/07 11:59 PM

Dove just put out a new ad made by a "regular" woman. Evidentially they had a contest and this woman won. It's great. Watch some tv just to catch it.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Dove PRO-Age - 02/27/07 12:45 AM

yonuh, I agree with the imperfect bodies. I just wonder why they had to be naked. What did you think of that? The ad is the very first one in this month's More magazine.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Dove PRO-Age - 02/27/07 04:09 AM

I thought the nudity was tastefully done. Reconsider viewing the commercial like what you would see in an art gallery of (traditional) nude paintings/drawings. Then the commerical is like tv art with live models in a studio.

Perhaps it is useful to show tasteful (all genitals & breasts covered up) nudity because it is a soap/skin/cream commerical on skin maintenance. And most of the time, people don't know what aging skin condition is like on other people in areas that you don't see every day.

Re: Dove PRO-Age - 02/27/07 06:38 AM

I guess my reaction was the same as the JJ's. I saw the skin. I'm so used to seeing airbrushed and spraytanned skin with sparkles all over that seeing a real body was refreshing. I suppose they could have put on some underwear though.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Dove PRO-Age - 02/27/07 10:18 PM

I think bodies are beautiful, whatever their age, gender, color, condition. Every time I see a nude, I have to marvel at what the Creator made. I think about everything that the body does to keep us alive; how each individual cell knows what it is supposed to do and does it without much effort from us. Bodies come in so many shapes, sizes, and colors. Isn't it wonderful?
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Dove PRO-Age - 02/28/07 02:34 AM

I looked at it as an art. Very tastefully done. They still didn't include one that looks like mine.

chick