Early Bird or Night Owl?

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Early Bird or Night Owl? - 12/10/14 06:50 PM

Are you an early bird or a night owl? I've always been more of the night owl type. Not that I always want to "party til dawn," but that I seem to take hours to get myself to bed -- and I don't want to get up when the alarm goes off.

The hours that it takes me to get to bed begin with my drinking a nice tall mug of decaf Earl Grey tea before I even head into the bedroom.

The next ting on my agenda is a wonderfully relaxing nighttime bath, which is so important to my health: The warm waters calm my leg muscles and seem to inhibit any problems with restless legs, while the aromatherapy in the water helps me relax and sleep better. (Plus I love to read in the tub -- and I've only ever accidentally dropped about 2 books into the water!)

Once I'm out of the tub, I spend time lotioning up my dry skin -- to make up for any drying effects of the hot water.

Anyway, I just read an interesting article about early birds vs. night owls, and since I'm such a fanatic about the benefits of a good night's sleep, I wanted to share it with you.

What do you do like to do to help you get to sleep?
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Early Bird or Night Owl? - 12/11/14 03:02 PM

I don't think I'm either any more. When I was young and single, I got very little sleep. Having kids changed that. Now I have no trouble falling asleep. I had a hard time getting up in the dark when I had to go to work. But now I have no schedules to keep and find it much easier to go to sleep and wake up.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Early Bird or Night Owl? - 12/12/14 10:53 PM

When young, I was a night owl. Now that I'm not so young anymore, I'm an early bird. Early to bed; early to rise...
Posted by: Di

Re: Early Bird or Night Owl? - 12/13/14 01:58 AM

Either/or for me.

We have to get up at 5 am on Wed/Sat for market. I use an alarm....but other days I'm up early in the soap shop and oftentimes up late in the soap shop!

So, it depends.