Fitting room mirrors

Posted by: Dotsie

Fitting room mirrors - 05/13/05 07:21 AM

should be outlawed.

All in favor say "Aye".
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/12/05 08:07 PM

Aye, Aye Aye Aye and Aye...

You stand in front of one and it's ok but turn back on and oh my...isn't it amazing what's back there. Who knew? I should have one in my bedroom and instead of standing on the scales naked,each morning, I need to stand backwards to that mirror. I bet my dieting would take a new turn in a quick hurry.
A not so gentle reminder is really all I need some days. This could work. Outlawed? Hmmm.... Maybe it should be the Law that every woman own one.
MOH would freak if he stood in front of one backwards(you know what I mean). He doesn't have a clue what's back there. Bha ha ha...and it's mine mine all mine. I tell him it's cute. Me baaad.

chick
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/13/05 12:25 AM

Hate them!
Posted by: Sherri

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/13/05 02:39 AM

Hate them worse now that its summer!
Posted by: DallasGal

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/13/05 06:03 PM

Aye! Unless of course they were somehow crafted to actually make us LOOK good. =)
Posted by: Danita

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/13/05 10:39 PM

Wouldn't it BENEFIT the stores to come up with a mirror that shows us in the best light v.s. showing all our flaws.

I had NO idea that I had "hail damage" on my legs! How did THAT happen?!!!

The president of our company says, "tanned fat looks better then white fat"...so this year I've started using our self-tanner. She is so right. The "hail damage" isn't quite so noticable! ROTFL!

D.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/17/05 02:13 AM

but don't you just love the ones that make you look 10 lbs. thinner? Every store should have them!!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/17/05 07:54 AM

Its those wrap around three sided mirrors that hoffify me, you can see every lump and bump and drip and droop you are afflicked with from every angle. NO woman I know could withstand such scrutiny. My God who invented mirrors anyway? [Confused]

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/17/05 08:26 AM

A man, Chatty. A man invented the mirror, so he could stand in front of it naked and admire his manliness while wiggling and shouting "woo hoo" simultaneously!

(see the joke section as to how a woman showers v.s. a man)

Danita

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/17/05 08:34 AM

Yes Danita I read that and laughed out loud, I have seen that terrible "short sight" when married but that too has passed, thank God!!! [Big Grin]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/17/05 04:25 PM

I think K-mart has the worst ones. They remind me of the ones the circus used to have where you're distorted...remember those? I was looking in one just this past weekend while in the restroom. Everything was so distorted that I started dancing around in front of it to see what kind of images it would make. Hilarious! Well...it was until this woman walked in and caught me. People can really be snide...

JJ [Eek!]

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/17/05 05:16 PM

JJ,

People need to get a sense of humor! LOL!

Dancing in front of a mirror half dressed - what is funnier then that?

Yup Chatty, You've been delivered! (BIG GRIN!)

Danita
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/17/05 06:50 PM

Danita, I agree with your comment about tanned fat cellulite looking better than white cottage cheese.

This is the time of year we look for bathing suits. We are at our whitest. The mirrors and lights make me want to puke.

Meredith, I've never seen a mirror that makes me look ten pounds lighter. Where do you shop? I'm heading there next? You think women retailers would cathc on and plaster them all ovetr the place.
Posted by: leigha

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/20/05 03:50 AM

MAIL ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!NO MIRRORS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Works every time!
Love Leigha

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/20/05 05:40 AM

Leigha...you're smarter than any of us..hahahahah...I LIKE that!

JJ

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/20/05 10:36 PM

Hi JawJaw

I always believe that a women's best feature is her interest in only positive self endorsement in her thinking and her attitude toward herself and to avoid all situations that bring negativity to one's own mind.

Happy blessings!

Love Leigha

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/21/05 02:00 AM

You are soooo right Leigha!

Don't laugh, but I have this little game I play in my mind...if a negative thought come rushing in (and let's face it, they do), I say to myself, "change the screen." And I simply replace it immediately with a good thought. Its easy to do, and it works for me. I'm a firm believer in YOU ARE WHAT YOU THINK.

And blessings back at ya!

JJ

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/21/05 02:31 AM

Thinking THIN, thinking THIN, think THIN, okay lets see some results..... [Razz]

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/21/05 04:11 AM

Hi Jaw Jaw

That's fabulous Jaw Jaw...I know I do it too. Retraining the mind ridding it of negative thought patterns ultimately retrains all of the muscles in the body relieving stress and helping posture and thus helping the organs inside.

Kinesiology taught me that. The way the muscles are set in different postures which are caused by stress actually has a negative effect on all organs and systems within the body.

Have a great evening!

Love Leigha

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 05/21/05 04:15 AM

Hi Chatty Lady

Thin as a state of mind should really be....thin is a state of the emotional body because of the mind's thought patterns.

ie the underlying energy within a person that is the cause of weight gain. Weight is actually an energetic pattern that lies in the emotional body! To clear the thoughts that hold the emotions in a state of energy that causes negative chemicals within us and weight gain is part of the process!

I know I'm going on, but most people aren't aware that it isn't diet that is the culprit to weight gain but underlying issues that are sometimes lodged in the unconscious mind which still have to rise to the subconcsious mind and then to the conscious mind for awareness!

Lots of love
Leigh
Posted by: nance52

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 06/09/05 05:52 PM

I love the term "hail damage" I was painfully thin most of my young life till I was about 40, so when I actually started putting on a few pounds I was thrilled...until I looked in a dressing room mirror!!! How can someone who always had chicken legs have cellulite??? What is up with that stuff!!! Now I know why Jane Fonda always wore those ridiculas tights when she was working out...and I thought she had such gorgeous legs!!! My plan is always to buy the clothes, bring them home to try on and take back if they don't fit, either that or I'll never have new clothes!!! Remember the commercial of the women screaming when she was trying on a bathing suit? I have personally heard someone do that...bathing suits...I don't know about you, but I wouldn't mind the ones from the turn of the century...just use a different fabric and I am there!!! Nance

Re: Fitting room mirrors - 06/09/05 06:30 PM

I tell myself "I'm the incredible shrinking woman". LOL!

danita