Health Insurance

Posted by: Erica Miner

Health Insurance - 12/16/04 03:01 PM

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any resources for group insurance? We were just notified of being dropped by ours and are desperately seeking a replacement. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, guys,
Erica
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Health Insurance - 12/16/04 03:09 PM

Erica,
Try two things. 1) If you belong to any writer's associations, they sometimes have group insurance you can buy. 2) Try your CAR insurance company...sometimes they too can provide group insurance.

You might also try AARP if you are old enough although I don't know if they can get group rates or not. I'm guessing here.

JJ
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Health Insurance - 12/17/04 04:52 AM

Health insurance is something that has to be fixed. This is getting ridiculous. Baby boomers have to do a lot of squawking about this. We are the next generation and we are getting screwed, to put it plainly. This topic upsets me so much. [Mad]
Louisa
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Health Insurance - 12/17/04 04:58 AM

Screrwed, blued and tatooed is correct and there is no relief in sight either. AARP does have group health and it's not bad, expensive then so are alol the others. I said before and I say again: There are so many of us on this site who belong to the Boomers that if Dotsie as the BOSS would contact an Insurance company I bet we could get Health Insurance at a reduced rate. I would do it myself but it has to be someone of authority, like Dotsie since its her site. Hey guys, its worth a try, right?? [Razz]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Health Insurance - 12/17/04 05:25 PM

Chatty, are you yelling at me? [Wink] I can't think about doing one more thing before this holiday. Do you really think there's a way to do this? Really?
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Health Insurance - 12/17/04 06:00 PM

Hey
Maybe if those who need this insurance are serious, they could look online to find a good company. Then negotiate a good price. In my experinece, most carriers won't negotiate much unless you bring them a lot of enrolees. You would have to know how many of us are seriously interested then call around to see if you can get a good deal. ?? I have excellent insurance through Dan's company so I wouldn't be interested at this point, but perhaps there are others who would.

Dots is bound to be overloaded and stressed. We're going to have to help her out any way we can girls.
smile

Re: Health Insurance - 12/19/04 01:33 AM

No Dotsie I certainly was not yelling but am quite serious and Smile is correct, if everyone who would be interested would send you their name and the names of those they want insured, you could call some major companies and with enough people guaranteed we could get a great rate. Heck it's worth a try for the New Year. How great would that be,
[Big Grin] The Boomer Health Insurance Plan [Wink]
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Health Insurance - 12/19/04 07:22 AM

Just like in big companies, the leader ""Delegates.""
Dotsie has a lot of worries right now and anyone could call for info. Those with the need would be the logical people to do the initial calling and comparisons. My own experience is that it takes a lot of subscribers to get rate worth the effort though. ???
smile
Posted by: tabitha88

Re: Health Insurance - 05/05/06 11:05 AM

For everyone viewing this old thread you should shop for insurance now a days. I checked on the net found it to be easier. So for those who are in a similar situation as me, go online when shopping for insurance. The place I went to is http://www.insurancepaylite.com they were able to give a quote that was acceptable to me in the speediest time. Anyways hope this helps you guys.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Health Insurance - 05/05/06 08:10 PM

Tabitha, I hope you'll stick around and let us get to know you. can you tell us about your experience with this company. There are lots of women searching for good, less expensive insurance plans.

Re: Health Insurance - 05/06/06 03:41 AM

Welcome Tabitha88 so glad to have you here. I love the name it was from one of my favorite TV shows, Bewitched. Great advice on the insurance and it can be of such a service to so many here on BWS....thanks!