vitamins?

Posted by: Dotsie

vitamins? - 06/18/04 06:34 PM

What vitamins are you women taking these days? I'm curious to see if I'm missing anything.

I take Vitamin E and Evening Primrose Oil for my fibrous cystic breasts.

I also take Calcium because I'm lactose intolerant and rarely drink milk. THis is a huge sacrifice because I absolutely love milk with my cookie! Notice I said cookie? I'm doing the BWS diet and I allow myself one treat a day. This is changing soon because I'm stuck with my weight loss and in order to drop a couple more pounds I have to drop the cookie. [Frown]
Posted by: Toni

Re: vitamins? - 06/18/04 11:41 PM

Hi Dotsie,

I take a woman's multivitamin, B12, Niacin, Ester-C, Vitamin E and a baby aspirin, 81mg.

I don't take them all at one time--I space them out--some after Breakfast, some after Lunch and a few after dinner.

Works for me...
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: vitamins? - 06/19/04 06:14 AM

Dotsie, this is a big subject for me. As you might know I study and write about vitamins, minerals, natural cures etc. and have an extensive library on these subjects. Are you ready for what I take? Better be sitting down. I just ordered my supply for 3 month from Puritan's Pride. Each bottle has 100 and I take one a day of each.

Q-Gel, Magnesium, B150, Milk Thistle, Hawthorn, L-Carnitine, CLA, Coral Calcium, Bilberry, C1000, Lutein, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamins A&D, Lechtin, Reservatrol, Biotin, Cranberry.

To support my Diabetes, once a day I take:
Gynema Sylvestre, Vanadyl Sulfate, Chromium Picolate.

I let myself run out in error and after a week I felt weak, tired and sore all over, once I begin taking them again....ALL'S WELL. It took me years to finally know exactly what works for me. My OB/GYN is certain thew reason I breezed through Menopause was due to the healthy supplements I take.... [Wink]
Posted by: garrie keyman

Re: vitamins? - 06/19/04 06:41 AM

I take plenty of caffeine daily (in the form of copious amounts of strong coffee laced with half 'n half). I also take vitamin "w" (wine).

Though I'll also admit to an occasional teaspoon of liquic C and a gulp now and then of liquid iron-and-B complex.
Posted by: Thistle Cove Farm

Re: vitamins? - 06/20/04 02:56 AM

1000 mg Vit E
Eve Primrose Oil
Potassium
Magnesium
multiple mineral
drink about 2 quarts of 2% milk a day

the above vitamins are the ones I take when I remember . a few years ago I did some research, using Earl Mindell, and determined what I should take and how much. I need to do my homework again because I've forgotten and my needs have changed.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: vitamins? - 06/20/04 09:15 PM

Chatty, I see some vitamins in there I don't recognize. Mind explaining what you take them for? Let's see, I know A,B,C, and D. Oh well, at least I know my abc's. [Razz]
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: vitamins? - 06/21/04 01:14 AM

Sure but which ones do you want to know about?
Oh, I also take Evening Primrose but forgot to mention it, also forgot to order some, thanks for reminding me. [Smile]
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: vitamins? - 06/22/04 10:39 AM

Daily:
natural multi-vitamin and mineral
1500 mgs. calcium
800 mgs. Motrin for arthritis

echinacea only if I feel a cold coming on

plus I eat a very healthy nutritious diet