The Exercise You Did For Fun As A Kid

Posted by: Charlotte

The Exercise You Did For Fun As A Kid - 12/31/11 09:38 PM

Now top athletes do it to stay in shape. Boxers do it almost everyday to keep their weight off. What is it. The same thing we used to love to do as a kid. Jumping Rope! According to studies if we would have kept jumping rope we would be not only be slim but our bodies would be in a healthy condition overall. So, go buy a jumping rope. You can do it indoors or outdoors at anytime of the day. And talk about an economical piece of exercise equipment. Here is a really good article on weight loss and staying in shape by jumping rope.
Posted by: jabber

Re: The Exercise You Did For Fun As A Kid - 01/01/12 02:13 PM

Don't think I have enough wind within!
Posted by: orchid

Re: The Exercise You Did For Fun As A Kid - 01/02/12 12:44 AM

Do you jump rope now Charlotte?

I haven't done it since I was around 17-18 yrs. old. I did skip rope often as a child and partook in fun contests among ourselves. I think the most I could Double Dutch as a child was up to 1,200 revolutions.

I would have to start up slowly. And I'm someone who already bicycles daily in non-snowy, non-icy weather and I have cycled up hills in my 50's for 10 min. at 10% grade. I think jumping rope requires different skills, like jogging and streghtening for even a reasonably fit person like myself. And I'm small at 100 lbs.!!

I would not expect many people in their 50's and beyond to be jumping rope, but if they can do it for 5-10 min., great. If not, then they need to just try other exercise stuff that they enjoy regularily.
Posted by: kinder

Re: The Exercise You Did For Fun As A Kid - 03/15/12 05:19 AM

Nice post.....
Posted by: Chalmer

Re: The Exercise You Did For Fun As A Kid - 07/09/13 11:04 AM

Hi Charlotte,
Swimming for me as my father took me with him on the pool. I found swimming great for reducing and managing body weight and great calorie burner exercise. Swimming strengthens heart and lungs, improve muscle strength and great to deal joint and muscular problems. Swimming increase energy levels and makes hips, shoulders, arms and back muscles strong.