A Delicious Treat

Posted by: chatty lady

A Delicious Treat - 02/10/06 02:47 AM

Did you dieting, weight conscious ladies know that there are several fabulous tasting sugar free COFFEE MATE creamers on the shelves? I am a night time snacker and thats always been my downfall, until NOW!!!! I found French Vanilla sugar free Coffee Mate creamer that is so rich and creamy tasting and every night I pour a glass of tea (hate coffee butit would be good there too) and use the Coffee Mate in it and sip it slowly. It tastes as good as ice cream and settles that sweet tooth craving. Try it, there are several delicious flavors available, all sugar free.....yummy. [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

Re: A Delicious Treat - 02/13/06 05:10 AM

Checking the super market I found that there isn't much out there these days that you can't get SUGAR FREE....Candy, ice cream, soda and a multitude of good tasting foods. Who says you have to feel deprived on a diet?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: A Delicious Treat - 02/13/06 07:16 PM

Just be careful you don't over-do the artificail sweeteners. We've experienced upset stomachs in this house due to too much sugar free candy!
Posted by: ladybug

Re: A Delicious Treat - 02/13/06 11:21 PM

At the moment the only sugar-free stuff I have in the house is gum.

What has happened to gum that I am not even able to find any made with real sugar?

Re: A Delicious Treat - 02/14/06 04:46 AM

I pass by most sugary or artificially sugared treats as a rule but it is nice to know that when wanting to splurge once in awhile you can go sugar or sugar free. Most artificially sugared candy gives me enough painful gas etc. that I leave it alone. Something in it that is nasty to the gut...I nearly died from some kind of allergic reaction recently to an over comsumption of Splenda. Scary!!!

Re: A Delicious Treat - 02/14/06 06:16 AM

Chatty, you are very correct in guessing something in artificial sugar gives you gas, it's called aspartame and any of its derivitives. Parents are also cautioned to feed their children this additive in very small amounts if at all. I discovered it in my childrens vitamins and called the company to protest the use of it over real sugar.

[ February 13, 2006, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]
Posted by: Patty Gale

Re: A Delicious Treat - 02/16/06 06:36 PM

We had an incident in which my daughter ate almost a whole pack of sugar-free gum (unbeknownst to me) in one day.

The poor kid was in the bathroom every 15 minutes. It was terrible. I have never liked the taste of sugar-free anything... just a personal preference.

Even regular gum is now made with some type of sugar-substitute. The only gum I have found that still has real sugar in it is Big Red and that's only because I happened to read the label one day.

I guess what "irks" me is that unless you make it a point to read the label, you just don't know because it's not stated anywhere else on the package that they are using these chemicals instead of real sugar.

Patty
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: A Delicious Treat - 02/17/06 08:59 AM

One of my kids once ate a whole pack of Vela Mints before and during church.

BIG MISTAKE.

I don't think we've bought them since.

Re: A Delicious Treat - 02/17/06 02:05 AM

I read the labels on everything since becoming vegetarian almost 11 years ago.

I avoid everything with aspartame and their derivitives as well as anything else made with any type of artificial sugar. I don't like the taste of artificial sugar. I like gum as a way to freshen breath but it is hard to find gum with real sugar in it. I get tired of buying the same flavor all the time so that's why I've put up with it in my gum.

I just don't understand why all this stuff is made with it.

Re: A Delicious Treat - 02/17/06 03:13 AM

Try bubble gum most have natural sugars and taste great too.