Easter candy

Posted by: Dotsie

Easter candy - 04/14/06 05:11 PM

Okay, I saw that. You opened the candy before Easter. Enough already!
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Easter candy - 04/14/06 10:55 PM

ack! Honest.. it was only miniature york peppermint patties!!

I left the chocolate bunny for Easter, I promise!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Easter candy - 04/15/06 03:01 AM

Oh my God and there they were right before my eyes. I am crazy for chocolate covered moth ball candy and now they have a crispy colored egg look too. I bought several dozen bags for the baskets we're making for the residents of the Nursing Home. I ate only one and it took all my resolve to resist the entire opened bag.... [Roll Eyes] My special favorite which is luckily hard to find is a big chocolate egg filled with a creamy center with nuggats, dried fruits anfd nuts. Oh my talk about will power.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Easter candy - 04/16/06 07:34 AM

Oh my gosh, you must have a camera in my office!! I ate an entire bag of chocolate in a week - did the same doggone thing with the valentine candy.

(I should never have been put in charge of a See's candy fundraiser...)

Re: Easter candy - 04/17/06 05:28 AM

Did you say "See's" candy fundraiser? Oh boy. Now we're talking. The only time we get that is at Christmas. They set up a kiosk at the mall. All I do is eat their samples when I walk by. I wouldn't dare bring that in the house. My husband buys it for his employees, but it goes straight from the mall to his car, then to work. It can't come in the house. That stuff is dangerous. And the people who work for them are the nicest!

I never thought of th before, but I bet they have a Web site and I could order it year 'round.

Chatty, I don't think I've ever seen the kind of candy you are talking about. Who makes it?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Easter candy - 04/18/06 07:41 AM

What bunny? I was framed I tell ya....

JJ

Re: Easter candy - 04/18/06 02:47 AM

Dotsie its made by many companies but Russell Stover comes to mind. They also make something I dare not look for because magically a dozen or so jump into my shopping cart all by themselves. They are called COCONUT NESTS and look like tiny birds nests made of either green color chocolate or chocolate and each has 4 colored jelly bean eggs in them. Oh be still my heart, so good and what wonderful little treats to serve after dinner to guests....I am a jelly bean junkie so dare not even start.
Posted by: TVC15

Re: Easter candy - 04/18/06 03:15 AM

I can put away a bowl of jelly beans before I even realize I've done it! (and go looking for more) That and the Dove chocolate eggs!
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Easter candy - 04/18/06 08:43 PM

Yes, those Dove chocolate eggs are great. I'm looking after my heart health by keeping the dark eggs in a container in my desk drawer....

(We can justify anything, can't we?)

Re: Easter candy - 04/18/06 08:46 PM

That sounds like a good plan to me Rick andJune!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Easter candy - 04/19/06 01:22 AM

What Dove chocolate eggs? I was framed I tell ya!

JJ

Re: Easter candy - 04/19/06 01:55 AM

Surprisingly, I don't do Dove chocolate. I'm a Hershey girl. And Hershey comes in all shapes and sizes!

Re: Easter candy - 04/19/06 02:44 AM

I haven't tried the Dove chocolate but keep some dark hershey around for mental emergencies...And JJ I have one comment to make, "OF COURSE YOU WERE DEAR" Hah in a pigs eye!!!! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

Re: Easter candy - 04/19/06 05:14 PM

I find the Dove chocolate to be smoother than the Hershey's but it's all good! [Smile]
I also just discovered Lindt chocolate this year and they make one mean chocolate truffle!
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Easter candy - 04/19/06 08:11 PM

I give Godiva chocolate as gifts. I steer clear of their store in the mall though. I only order online so I'm not tempted to pick up a little extra. I can gain five pounds just gazing in their window. Sigh. They have the most lucious chocolate covered strawberries. And we're talking BIG strawberries. Not the kind you find in the grocery store. BIG. Lots of chocolate.

I like Dove chocolate too because of how smooth it is. It's very rich, I can't eat very much of it.

But, like Dotsie, my heart is a sucker for a hershey's kiss. Did you see they now have the special dark ones? Gotta look after that heart!! LOL.

I tried the Lindt 70% cocoa bar a long time ago. Not bad, just the teeniest bitter.

I'm with you JJ, I know I was framed. That chocolate bunny had mischief on his mind. I know it.

Re: Easter candy - 04/19/06 10:17 PM

Vicki, every now and then, my daughter brings me a Godiva chcolate covered strawbery. They are scrumptious, but I like the milk chcoclate. i would never buy one for myself. I'm too cheap.