What will you regret at the end of your life?

Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

What will you regret at the end of your life? - 07/04/13 09:18 PM

I saw an article recently that was so thought-provoking I want to share it. Apparently an Australian nurse, Bronnie Ware, whose job it was to counsel the dying in their last days recorded the top five regrets of those she was caring for.

She tells us that none of the people she spoke to wished for more sex or that they had been brave enough to do something a bit dangerous, like bungee jumping.

Among the top wishes, and especially from men, 'I wish I hadn't worked so hard'.

Check out the link to the article to learn the rest of the top five most common wishes.

By the way, Bronnie was so inspired by this work that she's now released a full length book titled "The Top Five Regrets of the Dying - A Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing."

It is a memoir of her own life and how it was transformed through the regrets of the dying people she cared for. This inspiring book is published in paperback by Hay House, and available via their site as well as as a Kindle book through Amazon.

What do you think would be your biggest regrets? After all, since we're still living, it's not too late to take action on those items....

Posted by: yonuh

Re: What will you regret at the end of your life? - 07/05/13 01:21 AM

What a powerful article!

Re: What will you regret at the end of your life? - 07/05/13 04:50 AM

Glad you found it as powerful as I did, Yonuh. I hope others will feel the same. Meanwhile, I will be spending time this weekend thinking about what changes I might want to make now, before I find it's too late.
Posted by: jabber

Re: What will you regret at the end of your life? - 07/07/13 01:22 PM

My biggest regret is that I didn't start writing thirty years sooner.
Posted by: orchid

Re: What will you regret at the end of your life? - 07/16/13 04:01 PM

A wonderful article.
Posted by: montx

Re: What will you regret at the end of your life? - 07/07/19 11:03 AM

The link to the OP article is no longer active (sad face). But, here's a link to another thought worthy one.

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2019/06/06/in-the-time-before-you-say-goodbye-to-them/

Re: What will you regret at the end of your life? - 07/08/19 09:27 PM

Montx, I'm sorry that link is no longer live, but here are a couple of things that might help replace it. The first is a review of the article which I found elsewhere online: No Regrets

And the second is a link to a page on Bonnie's website: Regreats of the Dying

Also, she has written a couple of new books, so you might want to look through the rest of her website: BronnieWare.com
Posted by: montx

Re: What will you regret at the end of your life? - 07/09/19 02:04 AM

Thanks!