To honor God...

Posted by: jabber

To honor God... - 12/09/07 02:31 PM

"You ARE the masterpiece of GOD! If you want to honor GOD,
accept yourself! His fingerprints are all over you. Accept and approve yourself!" Joel Osteen said that in this morning's sermon. Wow, what a talk he presented today.
So many of us are unhappy with our figures, faces and lives. Find the GOOD and focus on that. No human is perfect. But look at what is right and thank GOD for it.
Some precious women on this forum are struggling with road blocks installed by the darker side of life or [The Devil] if you prefer that terminology.
Joel Osteen is a positive, uplifting, encourager. He is on my dish network every Sunday, morning and night. If you are looking for a way to fight depression, why not let Joel inject joy into your life.
Luv ya via The Spirit!!!!!
Posted by: gims

Re: To honor God... - 12/11/07 02:15 AM

I recently read this line that rang in my head over and over...
There's no room for God to fill you, if you're full of yourself.

Joel's father, John, confirmed my mom's gift of healing. As best I can remember being told by my mom, Bro. Olsteen had an alter call and everyone who came forward was asked to hold there hands face up in front of them. When he got to my mom as he visited with each in the line, he told her, "you will heal many" or something like that... and she did, and still does, even though she "lost it" there for awhile.
I walked in with a headache a week or so ago and told her it would have to be a short visit because I had a splitting headache. She grabbed my head, placed it on her shoulder, her warm hand on the back of my throbbing noggin... and she prayed a short prayer. The headache instantly went away. So her stroke didn't rob her of her gift, PTL. Bro. Olsteen (Sr.) was a remarkable man. Joel just doesn't replace him - they have two totally different ministry styles. Joel has reached a great many people. But, for me, he's a wish list preacher.
Posted by: jabber

Momma's great gift... - 12/11/07 05:31 PM

gimster,
Wow! Your mom has a great gift! I don't know what the phrase [wish list preacher] means. I've heard his dad was wonderful. I like sermons that uplift people. I don't enjoy the fire and brimstone sort of stuff. Life is difficult enough without some holier-than-thou, self appointed saint telling me I've got Hell to look forward to. I just like Joel's encouragement, that's all. I know little about him and have been sadly disappointed by so-called, grand preachers of late. But I believe in God; and believe in the "ask and you shall receive" scripture. If you don't ask for anything, and you get nothing, whose to blame?
Ciao for now
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Momma's great gift... - 12/12/07 10:47 AM

bonnie, I agree with the style of preaching you enjoy. Share the gospel, but make it real. Help me walk with you and feel it. Tell me stories that make me understand that you're living your faith and I am much more attentive.

gimster, I'm coming over and we're going to see Mom. I want her to heal my back. Anyone else coming? What a gift she's been giving. Anyone else in the family have it?

Interesting that she's had a stroke but still has her gift. What were the side effects of her stroke. I'm just curious to see what else she's held onto> Hope you don't mind my asking...