40 days of purpose

Posted by: Julie

40 days of purpose - 02/07/05 03:33 AM

I have started 40 days of purpose with my church.

Nick Warren, the author of the book, says:

God is more interested in your character than your comfort.

This has a ring of truth about it....what do you think?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: 40 days of purpose - 02/07/05 11:54 PM

Julie, several churches sound here are offering this course, but not mine. I wish they would. I've heard great things about it.

As far as God being more interested in my character and not my comfort...it's true. We need to be in the world, but not of it. Standing up aginst the ways of this world isn't easy.
Posted by: mammajude

Re: 40 days of purpose - 02/08/05 02:57 AM

We are just finishing this book in our Home Fellowship group on Thursday nights. Its a good book as well!!! God wants us to focus on him and not on ourselves.. he will take care of the rest if we do this. Its so hard when we're so busy with our lives.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: 40 days of purpose - 02/08/05 09:27 PM

mamma, tell us more about your Thursday night group. Is it for couples? Is it pastor led? How long does it last? Do you meet in homes?
Posted by: Julie

Re: 40 days of purpose - 02/15/05 06:17 AM

Mammajude, did you read that bit in 40 days that asserts it had never rained at all before Noah and the flood? That God caused the water to irrigate the land from below? I checked in the verse in Genesis - how ever did I miss that before? I've been a sunday school teacher! (I know it only a small point and not really the main thrust of the book but it bothered me.)Is your group passionate? Ours is very polite with lots of long silences. :-(