i pray all of the time

Posted by: nillawafer

i pray all of the time - 01/24/03 12:25 AM

i do. i pray all of the time. it does not matter what i am doing. i pray about everything. sometimes i don't finish prayers and start doing other things during prayers and my mind gets off track while i am praying. there are times too that i devote only to prayer when nothing gets in my way or disturbs my train of thought, don't get me wrong but praying and thinking holy thoughts just happens to me all of the time. and sometimes i am convinced when my mind gets off the track that the lord is just sick of hearing me ramble or he has someone else to listen to and turns his ear away for a minute so i just go onto something else. when he comes back i just start back up. is that wierd or what?
that is just my relationship with him. he is my buddy.
Posted by: Kathryn

Re: i pray all of the time - 01/24/03 04:08 PM

I think it's wonderful that your prayer life is so rich. Like you, for many years I was in a constant prayer....I called it persistent prayer at the time. But lately, for the last six months or so....my prayer life has been....well muted. It definitely isn't God, it's me. I think my stress problems and the chaos in my head had crowded out the holy. And prayer is a discipline at first. So I have to get back into the exercise of prayer, much like I got back into physical exercise. No you aren't wierd at all...God is our best buddy!