EW and I were talking about eldercare in another forum so I thought I'd bring us to the right place.

EW, glad to hear the shingles are gone. I had them in high school and still remember how painful they were.

Crazy thing is that we felt like my FIL was doing so well, and he was. Everything was pretty steady; moods, eating, sleeping, etc. Then next thing you know, he fell and broke his hip. LIke Alzheimer's isn't enough...

Have been to the hospital twice today and he is sawing wood. Couldn't wake him for medicine, physical therapy, or to eat. This is very sad to me because his surgery was Saturday and he still hasn't been out of bed.

They moved him to the eldercare floor so they can better address the Alzheimer's, sleep, and delirium.

The next move is to a rehab facility, prior to going back to his permanent Alzheimer's home.

I'd be most grateful for your prayers on his behalf.

Ladies, now's the time for us to live it up. This getting old stuff is for the birds!