I have been reading the post started by Lenora. I am currently taking the real estate course have done all of the 20 mini exams, passed and just have to write the final exam.
In Canada the housing market is sliding, but not like the US. Not sure if it will stay this way, approx. down 11%, listings are at an all time high. It's a buyers market although people are sitting on the fence waiting for the prices to go down more. Prices where I lived have more than doubled in the last five years.

My problem. I work on contract for a company that is not the greatest. I work on commission and do ok but want/need a change. I thought real estate would be a good fit for me as I am already in sales and have been for years. My plan was to keep my current project and sell real estate as well.
It's very expensive to start up as you have to join all the associations and that costs $$$.

Recently I began to wonder if I should do something else and hold off until the market improves. I don't have any extra to carry me while I sell a house. It could take months or even longer.

I attended a meeting at a cruise type travel agency and there is a cost but you can sell cruises on commission, there are no desk fees and the support is incredible. I receive no support at my current position. My plan would be to do both and this is possible as my current position only needs attention approx. 2 hours per day.

I am torn. Should I continue on with the real estate with the market the way it is. Or should I get involved in a new career that may or may not have more potential?
Is anyone on this forum in the travel industry or know anyone who is in it? I have heard the travel industry has slowed down but the cruise industry is booming, especially with boomers.
What do you think?

Kate