The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#88738 - 09/18/06 03:23 PM Book Signing on Thrusday
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Today, the first time in months, I am assignment free! I have been working non-stop on freelance work and it feels good to have a day to do something else!

The Local Staples store is having a book signing featuring all local authors. I have been invited to take part in that signing. I haven't had time to work on promotion, or writing the second book of my trilogy. Steve is still on workman's comp but they have already told him he will never be able to go back to his job. He has been a bread salesman for 30 years and he doesn't know anything different. We don't know what will happen next.

Sorry to have been gone from the site, I miss you all.

Sherri
www.christianstoryteller.com

#88739 - 09/18/06 08:12 PM Re: Book Signing on Thrusday [Re: Sherri]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Nice to meet you Sherri. Congratulations on the free time, book signing and the trilogy goal. What is your book?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#88740 - 09/18/06 08:16 PM Re: Book Signing on Thrusday [Re: Anno]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Congratulations on the book signing. I know that you will find the time to do everything that needs to be done and that your husband will figure out what to do next.

Just curious...how does a book signing at staples go? Do they order the books or do you supply them?

#88741 - 09/18/06 11:00 PM Re: Book Signing on Thrusday [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Way to go Sherri! I didn't know that Staples did this kind of thing. How cool is that? WOW! And I'm with Jane (love the picture Jane!) in that I just bet Hubby will figure it out. I will keep you both in my prayers for a quick solution! JJ

#88742 - 09/19/06 01:52 AM Re: Book Signing on Thrusday [Re: jawjaw]
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
The manager at Staples approached his corporate office and they agreed to have a book signing. Right now they have a large table set up in front with a copy of our books, and the write up that was done for us in the newspaper. They laminated it for us, gave us a nice little promotional kit. We will bring our own books, which is cool, cause we get the profit. Tom says he is doing this as a community service because he has a lot of writers that come in to use their copy service, etc. He didn't realize how many writers we had in our area. So that is that, I don't know if I will sell a book, but the exposure will be nice and the promotional kit they have given us is worth quite a bit!

Sherri
www.christianstoryteller.com

#88743 - 09/19/06 02:28 AM Re: Book Signing on Thrusday [Re: Sherri]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I think it's awesome! You should share this Staples thing with all your writer friends. Who knows? They might could get the ones in their area to do the same thing. Way to go for cutting a new path for all of us Sherri! Wuhoooo!

#88744 - 09/19/06 01:08 PM Re: Book Signing on Thrusday [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Hey Sherri. Missed you. This is a great idea! I hope you sell a ton of books and get rich!

My daughter's husband is on workmen's comp right now too. He had to have back surgery and the healing process isn't going very well. Looks like he's going to have to find another avenue of work as the current one isn't good for him. Hope your hub gets better soon.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#88745 - 09/19/06 05:07 PM Re: Book Signing on Thrusday [Re: Dianne]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Welcome home Sherri!
That's awesome about the book signing. The people at Staples are smart to get involved with the writers!
I know just reading about this makes me want to shop there instead of some other place.
Good luck to you!

#88746 - 09/19/06 06:19 PM Re: Book Signing on Thrusday [Re: TVC15]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Congrats on the book signing. Please let us know how the turnout was. Definitely a new promo opportunity !!
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#88747 - 09/20/06 06:24 PM Re: Book Signing on Thrusday [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Way to go Sherri! Congratulations! It's great that Staples is doing the book signing, etc. I wish you a great outcome and I know you'll enjoy it.

About hubby, it takes time, but I'm sure he'll come up with something he can do! Don't lose hope!
Blessings!
NABBW & NAWW

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved