The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#175336 - 02/21/09 02:38 PM photo taken for magazine
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh boy - there's going to be an aritcle about the NABBW/BWS and me in the Baltimore magazine. I've done these photo shoots with photographers in the past, but they've always been at my home.

Today, I had to meet the photographer/nice guy (who shot me before for Smart Woman magazine) at a park because they wanted to photograph me on a swing. I guess because I'm such a swinger. HA HA! Whatever!

Anyway, I was pretty easy with the pick out the clothes and get ready thing. Not a biggie! Did however, get up prior to the crack of dawn so I wouldn't have any sleep creases in my face. I was meeting him at 8:45 and wanted to appear awake.

It's 32 degrees here and I had to dress for spring because it's for the April issue so I had on sandals, navy capris, white v neck cotton t shirt and a pink cotton jacket. Very simple, but my nose was turning red because it was cold and windy.

Met him there and thought I pulled it off...(even though I looked like Rudolph and was freezing) until...

Urg... help me.

I got in the car, looked in the mirror, and I didn't know it but my hair had fallen out of the clip on one side. I guess it was the wind. Ack... Plus I looked at myself when I got home and thought I wore the absolute most unflattering thing. I'll probably look like a hog. I wish I'd asked him to see a couple of the photos because it's all digital, but all I could hear was son Jon saying(the photographer who called me this mornig about something else and I told him about thr shoot and how cold it is, and how I had to dress for spring) "Whatever you do Mom, don't be difficult. I can't stand it when girls complain when I shoot because they want everything perfect." What was I thinking? AND, he had me sit back on the swing so my thighs looked humungous, and while thinking about the SPREAD on the magazine page, I was trying to smile my best smile. Good grief. Plus he had me in this hunched over position which will make me look like a hunchback!

What a hoot.

Phew, I feel better now.

#175340 - 02/21/09 02:49 PM Re: photo taken for magazine [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Who, I ask, is our worst critic?

The answer: WE are.

Dotsie, you have natural beauty that will shine through. You have a nice slim bode, so you will NOT appear as a hog...not even a piglet. You have a wonderful, infectious smile, so I have disagree on the Rudolph thing because the reader will be taken in by your grin, and the kindness shown in your eyes, which...by the way, is the window to the soul.

So I'm thrilled for you! I know you will be a great success in the magazine and I'm in awe that you can get up at the crack of dawn, do a photo shoot, and not hurt one person. Now THAT'S a woman on a mission.

Congrats!

#175347 - 02/21/09 03:17 PM Re: photo taken for magazine [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh Dotsie, you crack me up!! You sound just like I would sound in that position, and your son's comments are hilarious. However, if he wants to shoot for the big shots, he'd better learn to listen to the "all the girls" - because if he can make them look perfect all the time, he'll get hired every time as well!

Think positive - you had navy pants on the bottom and a white top, so the thigh issue won't be noticeable. Everyone will look up to the top and at your face. Your hair out of your clip will make you look stress free and fun! Not sure about the red nose though - - maybe you can tell them you had a drink or two for lunch? smile

When it comes out, please scan it and show us, okay??

K

#175360 - 02/21/09 06:59 PM Re: photo taken for magazine [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Dotsie, I bet you can pull off that natural wind blown look. And I agree Kathy, Dotsie's son can only learn from what women want...I tell my sons to photograph me from above...something like from a sky scraper. That way my double chin is covered from the bridge of my nose. ......which I try to cover up with hair combed down over my forehead...which then reveals the thinned spots on top of my head, which reflect the sunrays,...and if I'm lucky; temporarily blind the camera man.

#175384 - 02/22/09 12:13 AM Re: photo taken for magazine [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
JJ is right Dotsie, we are our own worst enemies when it comes to being fussy about our appearance. Personally, I believe as do most women, that we'd rather see someone down to earth, cute, and natural looking, just like we are, not some air brushed phoney baloney none of us can relate to...

All you can do now is wait and see but my money is on you coming through just fine!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#175394 - 02/22/09 07:35 AM Re: photo taken for magazine [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
You gals are too funny!

Dotsie, congrats on the interview and I bet you looked great, despite the red nose (which probably no one else will even notice.) smile

Poet and essayist

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved