The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#77404 - 10/08/05 03:53 AM Frugal Food Maneuvers
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Use those brown bananas>>>>TIP

Brown spots on bananas indicate ripeness not rot! If your family objects to the spots, peel the banana and use them in recipes. Once the peels turn mostly brown, mash the banana, add a teaspoon of lemon juice per banana, and freeze the puree in an airtight container. Frozen banana puree lasts for six months and is delicious in milkshakes, cakes, quick breads, and muffins....

Flop the cottage cheese>>>>>>TIP

To keep your cottage cheese fresh longer, refrigerate it upside down in its original carton. You can also freeze cottage cheese, although it will break down when thawed. So after thawing, just whip until creamy, then use....

Jab for juice>>>>>TIP

If you only need a few drops of fresh lemon/lime/orange juice, don't squeeze the fruit--jab it with a toothpick and squeeze out just the amount of juice you need, then put the toothpick in the hole and refrigerate the fruit...

[ October 07, 2005, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#77405 - 10/08/05 03:59 AM Re: Frugal Food Maneuvers
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I think my family purposely lets the bananas go brown so I'll make banana bread.

#77406 - 10/08/05 05:02 PM Re: Frugal Food Maneuvers
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, I have frozen nearly black bananas and used them for banana bread at a later date.

I was just thinking of ways to be frugal with food this morning while thinking about my son in college. He wants to go to Europe and take a couple classes again for a few weeks this summer. WE paid for it last year but told him he has to pay this year. We'll pay for the tuition but the rest is on him. I was thinking about sharing ways he could save grocery money.

#77407 - 10/08/05 08:27 PM Re: Frugal Food Maneuvers
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Great tips Chatty!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved