Ladies, it is my pleasure to let you know that one of our own, Kelly L. Stone, will be the Featured Author of the Month beginning April 15. Since Dotsie and I both are out of town (or will be) for a few days, we decided to have Kelly begin April 15 and run through May 15.

Kelly ( www.kellylstone.com ) started a successful writing career while holding down a full time job. Her articles and essays have appeared in Family Circle, Writers Digest, Cat Fancy, and half a dozen Chicken Soup for the Soul and Cup of Comfort anthologies. Her novel, Grave Secret (Mundania Press, Sept 2007) was called "powerful" and "well-written" by Romantic Times Book Reviews.

Kelly is a frequent presenter at writer's conferences around the country; she will be presenting her workshop titled "No Matter How Busy You Are, You Can Find Time to Write" at the Romantic Times Convention in Pittsbugh on April 17, 2008. So if any of you are in the Pittsburgh area, you might want to attend and meet Kelly. I wish I could be there!

Kelly holds a master's degree in counseling from Florida State University; she is a licensed professional counselor and a national board certified counselor. She lives with her family in northwest Florida, where she works as the director of a children's counseling center after watching the sun rise over the bay while she writes.

I'm so jealous! I watch the sun coming up over the cotton fields....

Anyway, Kelly latest book, Time to Write was released January 2008 from Adams Media. In this book, Kelly interviewed more than 100 professional writers (including yours truly) and they reveal how to fit writing into your busy life.

If you’ve ever thought or said…

• Someday I’ll write the great American novel...when I have time.

• If I were independently wealthy, then I wouldn’t have to work, and then I could write my book.

• I’d love to write for national magazines, but don’t you need an ‘in’ to get started?
....then you want to see inside this book!

Kelly will be answering all of your writing questions and beyond...we're really excited to have her! So watch the forums next week and join me in welcoming Kelly. It promises to be fun, informative, and educational.

Edited by Dotsie (04/15/08 06:25 PM)