Lynn C. Tolson, author of "Beyond the Tears: A True Survivor's Story" is the Featured AUthor for the month of April.

Visit http://www.beyondthetears.com and order through her PayPal, amazon.com, bn.com, or authorhouse.com. Lynn promises an interesting and enlightening read!

Here's a message form Lynn about her book:

Hello Boomer Girlfriends, I am delighted that Dotsie has chosen me for the Featured Author Forum in April. You may have read my on-line tag-line which states: “My passion is writing and my mission is to confront violence against women and children.” Thus, I wrote the book Beyond the Tears: A True Survivor’s Story, which is my memoir about overcoming abuse, addiction, and suicide attempts.

As you read, you will be like a “fly on the wall” during my therapy sessions, as I reveal the problems and solutions discussed in therapy. But that’s not all: my story also offers a spiritual journey, lessons on living, inspiration, and communication. As Dotsie has said, even if you have never experienced abuse, your eyes of compassion will be opened.

For those of you who have experienced adversity (and who hasn’t) you will see that you are not alone. It is fitting that this book was selected in April because this month is National Child Abuse Prevention Month and National Sexual Assault Awareness & Prevention Month. 1 in 3 girls and 1 in 4 boys will be sexually violated before they turn 18! I reveal these issues in Beyond the Tears.

There are passages that may not be pretty because I do not glamorize abuse; in fact, some passages are accounts of what abuse looks like, feels like, sounds like. The reason for choosing this method is because abuse is often referred to in polite terms, such as “molestation.” I let the reader know exactly what the term means so that society can no longer ignore its existence. But don’t let that scare you!

You will also read about the culture of our collective coming-of-age time frame, such as the introduction of the Beatles, the growth of suburbia, the advent of the hippie sub-culture. I promise you a read that will ultimately offer you a message of hope and an inspiration as you read my journey from victim to victory. Lynn C. Tolson

A great big welcome to Lynn.

[ February 15, 2006, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]