OK, I know I'm being redundant, but I just can't decide what to do!

In the next 3 to 5 years I want to sell my home and move. Yes, I know the economy and market will have an affect.

I have a horse when he is about 15/16 in 2017/2018, I will be 51/52, thus still young and sprite! I feel that I'll want another horse and eventually retire Maverick. Yet, I will not sale him and thought that having my own small (about 5 acres) would be a great place for all of us.

I'm just not certain I can handle it. Have any of ya'll taken care of that size acerage by yourself or known of any other woman that has?

Or I can continue to board, and eventually board 2 horses.

Below are some of the Pros/Cons of boarding or self care:

BOARDING:

PROS: Convenience (vacation), help, riding facilities, learning atmosphere, commaradrie, safety (horse and rider), security

CONS: stable hours, location, politics, instability, expense (all of which I've experienced at the cost of my horse at 2 prior stables), horse pecking order (cleaning bite and kick wounds), liability

SELF-CARE:

PROS: easy access (no driving back and forth to stable), less expensive in the long-run, security (although I'd be at work during the day), every day hands on (rather than 4X a week), less horse bite/kicks to clean, no one can take care of my horse the way I want except for myself

CONS: work, being tied down (since buying a horse I don't travel anyways), no support system - no commaradie or anyone to talk with, maintenace (pasture, barn, etc. - which is why about 5 acres is enough), limited ridng facilities (depends on where I buy the land and what I can afford), liability

Thus, I can either sale (and when) my house and:

1. Buy a townhouse/patio home with little outside yard work (it currently takes me 4 hours to mow, weed and edge plus work throughout the week, which keeps me from the stable and other things); or

(CONS - not cost effective, where would I retire Maverick safely? Can I afford to board 2 horses?)

2. Buy property where I can have my own horses.

(PROS: most cost effective in long-run; CONS - can I handle it? Will I find property with riding trails nearby? Will I be safe?)

Gosh, thanks again gals! I always appreciate your input!