Recently a business aquaintance came up with the notion to build a midgrade hotel. He asked me to compile the data. I started immediately. I started the research off with the questions he asked and then more.

Upon more indepth research, I found that the Feasability Study, Franshise fee, appraisal, the land, the verbal communication (long distance) and the land will yield everyone thousands and even millions, in the end.

The market analysis is 9-13k alone. Since I'm the one pulling this project together, at least the initial stages/first stage, how do I charge since I am not an agency?

My experience is the combined education through out the years, peers, and technical skills.

At first I was charging a very minimal fee out of desperation/need. Now I feel like I'm underselling myself. He hasn't been noble enough, despite the other high fees he's encountering, to voluntarily pay me more. We have a verbal agreement only, thus far.

He's never spoken with any one. I've communicated with everyone from the first stage that is now going into the next, aquiring the contracts, the land and the contingent agreements, the lawyers, the franchize headquarters/VPs. Since I've been doing this from home, I have to stay here when documents are overnighted, research the acronyms unfamiliar to us both, then highlight what to sign and where. I've done enough research to narrow down which brand from the franchize to build.

How do I define my fee or what do I base this eclectic experience I'm lending on?