The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 192 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#181570 - 05/06/09 01:21 PM Lay-offs
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Have you or one of your loved ones lost their job in recent months? If so, how is everyone managing?

Dad has five children. Three of his children have 20/30-something kids who have lost their jobs. That's three of his grands. One found another job. Another is still looking, and the third just lost the job last week.

Job loss stretches through all generations because the parents or children of the ones who lose their job, worry and often have to help with finances.

There is a lot of talk about counseling the children whose parents lose work, calming their worries, but what about the parents of children who lose their jobs? I guess we have to fend for ourselves.

#181821 - 05/08/09 10:17 PM Re: Lay-offs [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My EX is still searching. Waiting for a third interview from one place that is taking their sweet time. He was three car payments behind ($1500.00) and everyday he got up to see if the car was still there. I finally made the three back payments. I was sick and weak in the head!!! He owes me big time but I doubt I will ever see a cent. I just want him GONE!!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#181829 - 05/09/09 12:14 AM Re: Lay-offs [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: chatty lady
My EX is still searching. Waiting for a third interview from one place that is taking their sweet time. He was three car payments behind ($1500.00) and everyday he got up to see if the car was still there. I finally made the three back payments. I was sick and weak in the head!!! He owes me big time but I doubt I will ever see a cent. I just want him GONE!!!!

Granted you made a choice to cover the payments, but this puts you in a more vulnerable position.

Rethink your strategy regarding his car payments next time. Unless you are using his car too.

#183728 - 06/05/09 09:16 AM Re: Lay-offs [Re: orchid]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chatty, any update on your ex?

#183764 - 06/05/09 06:03 PM Re: Lay-offs [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I'm afraid that the next day I was already rethinking the car payments I made on his behalf. Oh and I have never even sat in his car. I bought and paid every penny for my own car and he best not even think of touching it if they take his away. You know I try to be kind but just get taken advantage of.

Dotsie, he's still here, no job, a few prospects but his unemployment runs out soon, in July, and if he can't get an extension I don't know what will happen. I can not pay any more car payments for this man, and I won't! Its just a real nightmare, and my blood pressure is so high my feet are swelling terribly. STRESS, is causing my eye to twitch. I am a mess. But there are those who have it far worse than me, I keep telling myself that.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#183804 - 06/06/09 04:06 PM Re: Lay-offs [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chatty, sorry to hear he's getting the best of you. That irks me. Regarding your feet, have you tried the Jobst support hose? I have family members who have used them and love them. Well, I don't know if they love them because they aren't the most comfortable, but the certainly help with the swelling. Also, keep feet elevated above your head. I know that's hard for someone who likes to cook and bike ride, etc, but you should give them a rest.

#183826 - 06/07/09 03:18 AM Re: Lay-offs [Re: Dotsie]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Chatty, I have high arches and plantar fascia and have purchased orthopaedic socks with arch support at Wal-Mart - wonder if thos might help? I may check into the hose Dotsie recommended, too.

Wish you would not make payments on his behalf. From what you've posted, I just don't like that man (your ex-husband) at all.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved