The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#92690 - 10/20/06 02:16 AM Money Making Offer...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
THis is for any writers that belong to Writers Groups etc. and would like to earn some cash. As some of you know I am an Editor for manuscripts that need work. This is an offer to anyone who wants the opportunity for some extra money. I will send you a packet of my business cards, you write your name on the back and hand them out to anyone you think may need an Editor. If they hire me to edit their work, I will pay you a fee of 20% of the total job. If their book is a short story with 277 pages that would be $54.00 to you. Most manuscripts are larger. I have very good references, so if interested send me your name and address and I will send you the cards. This offer does not expire so if they use the card a year from now you still get paid. Thanks. escspeddlers2@msn.com

Edited by chatty lady (10/20/06 02:21 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#92691 - 10/20/06 11:20 AM Re: Money Making Offer... [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Chatty
You are always so generous. You rock!

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#92692 - 10/20/06 03:49 PM Re: Money Making Offer... [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Yep, she sure is. This is a great offer Chatty. And very marketing savvy of you, too! You DO rock!

JJ

#92693 - 10/20/06 04:26 PM Re: Money Making Offer... [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Chatty, this is a great idea. Marketing is everything. Have you thought of hanging advertisements on college bulletin boards? Or even at drugstores, grocery stores and especially at book stores.
Go girl!

#92694 - 10/21/06 12:03 AM Re: Money Making Offer... [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

They 'hang' as we speak Hannelore!! I try to leave no stone unturned. Okay ladies who wants some of my business cards, oh and even if you just recommend my services, word of mouth, tell someone to check out my website, you still get the money. I always ask a client how they heard about me.
Next week I start a mentoring asssignment of three High School students in a writing class, the teacher needed help she says she has so many good writing students, so I jumped in and convinced several writer friends to join in as well. Should be fun....

#92695 - 10/21/06 04:40 AM Re: Money Making Offer... [Re: chatty lady]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
Have you tried putting an ad on craigslist.com?

Here's one in the bay area I found doing a search for "editing"

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/crs/223134063.html

#92696 - 11/10/06 01:38 AM Re: Money Making Offer... [Re: 49erDonna]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I just finished judging a young peoples writing contest for the EPIC New Voices Writing Competition out of Australia. I judged middle school kids and if the talent they showed in their entries is any example of whats to come, we have some wonderful young writers about to one day emerge. How exciting. Very little editing was needed too, these kids are awesome.

#92697 - 11/10/06 02:24 AM Re: Money Making Offer... [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Good marketing idea Chatty. I recently read a book that seriously needed an editor. The Craig's list editor must have gotten a lot of responses because his page has been cancelled!

#92698 - 11/10/06 12:00 PM Re: Money Making Offer... [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I went to that Craigs page and found it so darn confusing I didn't post anything, didn't know where etc. God is keeping me busy, he does not want me to have to go back onto the phones to work. I am blessed with lots of work, and word of mouth recognition. I'm now being asked to write the jackets for the books I've edited and the Author bios. It doesn't get much better than this; doing what I love, been trained to do and am really good at. I think my advertising training is helpful in marketing myself now....Oh and don't forget ladies, send me a referral and earn 20% of the cost of the total job....HUGS

#92699 - 11/11/06 02:17 AM Re: Money Making Offer... [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Chatty, I would recommend you without getting a finder's fee. I believe in you and in your work. I know you are talented as an editor, and I have no reservations about telling others. You don't need to pay me to recommend you. Just wait until the next draft of my book about cancer is ready, and I'll be calling on you for edits.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved