The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#71530 - 01/23/05 09:24 PM If I Vanish
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
If this is my last post, here is the reason: My husband told me last night that he wants to pay off my credit cards. Okay, I'm getting ready to take my latest statements downstairs to give to him. He might kill me.

#71531 - 01/23/05 09:30 PM Re: If I Vanish
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hey wait! Since you're gonna die anyway, could you take mine too? I only have one...course the debt could feed a small country...

JJ

#71532 - 01/23/05 09:34 PM Re: If I Vanish
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Wait, wait WAIT...Hold up a minute. DONT'T give him all of them...keep the one with not much on it and send it to chickadee c/o p.o. box...

Can I have your shoes?

chickadee

#71533 - 01/24/05 12:50 AM Re: If I Vanish
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Dianne,
Surely you don't keep those ridiculour little pieces of paper they send you. They're good for nothing but maybe lining Sammie's cage.
Never, and I repeat, never... Don't ever allow incriminating evidence like that to accumulate. Get to the mailbox first then search and destroy.
smile

#71534 - 01/24/05 02:01 AM Re: If I Vanish
chichii Offline

Loc: Grande Prairie
You are not alone. My husband went through my mail while I was away visiting our daughter. He found I had a high visa bill now he wants to know where i spend all my earnings, othe words he wants all my bank statements. He is trying to intimidate by saying my visa bill will probably cause a lien to be put on our home. I say nonsense. Payments are kept up regularly. I should also add that I pay the majority of the bills in our household as well as my own personal bills. He pays food, hydro, and his own car insurance period. He claims are marriage of 26 years is over if i don't show him the statements. I feel like saying good riddance. He was never like this five years ago he got hit by a car while he was walking in a crosswalk, the next yeara he was diagnosed with cancer, but with chemo he is now in his fourth year of remission and now he is suffering from high blood pressure, and he only takes his blood pressure bills if his pressure is high which in itself is dangerous, but he will not listen to anyone, he knows all the answers. I don't know if being european has anything to do with it. I not making excuses for him just stating the facts. chichii

#71535 - 01/24/05 05:48 AM Re: If I Vanish
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ladies you are not their children, you are they're wives, their partners and you also earn money to pay bills. DO NOT be intimidated by these slugs to show them anything. Where then does this stop? If you fold this time you will never regain the power you have now. How dare they treat us like stupid children. Just say NO what can they do. If they threaten to leave say BYE. This typwe of bully never goes anywhere... [Big Grin]

#71536 - 01/24/05 12:50 PM Re: If I Vanish
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
In the past two days I spent maybe 2 grand on beads and jewelry supplies at the twice-yearly big wholesale show. I just power-walk the aisles with an open checkbook and a credit card out. The vendors love me because I spend some serious cash.

I won't know exactly what the damages are until I go through all my new "stuff" in the next few days. Of course, it's all amazingly gorgeous and I NEED it, y'know? I really don't spend money on anything else, and this is my business.

My husband, who handles most of the banking, will have a freaking cow when he sees the bills. [Eek!]

He will ask, "Are you sure you need all this sh--? What the ---- are you going to do with all these beads?" [Eek!]

And I will calmly tell him "I plan to make a lot of money this year." And I know yer all behind me
[Wink]

#71537 - 01/24/05 09:04 PM Re: If I Vanish
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You better believe I'm behind you Meredith. [Wink]

Chatty brings up a good point. Whe do the men think they control women if we're part of the financial picture? Unless we're overspending. [Eek!]

#71538 - 01/25/05 04:15 AM Re: If I Vanish
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
ATTENTION; I got an email today from Dianne who said to please tell you ladies that her husband did not murder her but that her computer crashed and all she has is a lap-top. So if we don't hear from her for awhile, know she is fine. [Roll Eyes]

#71539 - 01/26/05 08:10 AM Re: If I Vanish
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, you got my attention. Glad to hear it. Thanks for filling us in. Phew! [Wink]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved