The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#219388 - 08/21/13 06:51 PM Who Needs Life Insurance?
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Our next NABBW teleseminar is coming up tomorrow, Thursday August 22, at 8 PM Eastern. (7 Central, 6 Mountain, 5 Pacific.) Pam Sams, CRPC, will be presenting the program, with the topic: "
Boomers: Time to Get Wise About Life Insurance."

She'll discuss questions like "How much coverage is enough?" "What's with all the new policy types?" "Why you need to carefully choose your beneficiary."

All the details are here.

Even if you think you know everything about life insurance, you should try to be on the call. In my research for it, I learned some amazing things. For example, did you know there are people who fund their retirement on life insurance that SOMEONE ELSE (investors) buys on their behalf?

I found this fascinating. Here's a link to the article. What a creative way to live your retirement years. Apparently insurance companies are not happy about the growing trend if doing this. But they have actually begun targeting retirees. These days, you can still buy life insurance until you are 80!!

Here's a quote from that amazing article:
Quote:
Marvin Margolis, an 80-year-old Manhattan financial consultant, is looking for investors willing to bet on when he will die.

Two years ago, Mr. Margolis bought a large life insurance policy. Now, he’s considering selling it to a group of investors, a deal that should give him as much as $2 million to enjoy in his final years. In return, the investors will get the policy’s $7 million payout when he dies — which they hope will be soon, so they can stop paying his premiums.

“This is a wonderful opportunity to use my body as an asset,” Mr. Margolis said. “I deserve to be able to benefit in some way from my age.”

Trading in life insurance policies held by wealthy seniors has quietly become a big business. Hedge funds, financial institutions like Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank, and investors like Warren E. Buffett are spending billions to buy life insurance policies from the elderly. Other investors are paying seniors to apply for life insurance, lending them money to buy the policies, and then reselling them to speculators.

And, no, this kind of stuff isn't all Pam will talk about. She'll also cover types of policies, how much life insurance you need and who needs it. The basic stuff...

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#219398 - 08/23/13 05:40 PM Re: Who Needs Life Insurance? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
This was an excellent call, with lots of information provided. If you missed it but would like to hear the recording, you're in luck. Here's a link to the replay.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved