The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#161138 - 09/27/08 11:44 AM Profitable Part-TIme Jobs
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
In this economy, it's no surprise that peopel are looking for second jobs to survive.

Anyone know of part-time jobs that are worth your while? Let's get some ideas going here.

I know soemone who is selling Silpada Jewelry and doing surprisingly well. Of course she has to hit up her family and friends, but so far, people are interested. They love the jewelry.

#161181 - 09/27/08 09:18 PM Re: Profitable Part-TIme Jobs [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Being a babysitter in someones home...

Dogsitter for people on vacation, in their home...

Do grocery shopping for shut-ins or seniors...

Wash heads at a local beauty shop...

Temp agencys for office work...

Taking inventory for department stores, ususlly night work...

Delivery sale/newspapers from your car...

Office cleaning crew, also usually a night job...

I could go on but I will leave room for others ideas.
Food preparation for restaurants...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#161209 - 09/28/08 02:13 AM Re: Profitable Part-TIme Jobs [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
There are several dogwalkers in our area. Hit up a wealthy area where people are too busy earning money to walk their dogs. Pity..it's good exercise.

I went onto the elevator in our building one day. It was occupied by a lady with 6 dogs on her leash!

#161235 - 09/28/08 07:04 PM Re: Profitable Part-TIme Jobs [Re: orchid]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Here in Sweden we have day care centers for dogs..just as we have day care centers for our children..where I work myself as a teacher. These day care centers for dogs work exactly the same way..you leave your dog/s when you go to work and pick them up when you come home. During the days the dogs have the company of other dogs..they get walked and aired. Some day care centers also offer shampooing, claw cutting and fur cuts too. Depends on the place. And they are VERY popular here..both to work in or to leave your dog. We, who work at day care centers for children..do NOT however offer the latter mentioned grin

#161272 - 09/29/08 01:44 AM Re: Profitable Part-TIme Jobs [Re: humlan]
ShipMate Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I wish I lived in Sweden. You hear so much about the social benefits, especially for women. I am originally from Europe (Austria) but my parents emigrated a looong time ago and I always lived in English-speaking countries. I tried to down-size my current job into a part-time or job-share scenario. You'd think I suggested we all fly to Mars. There certainly is not a lot of forward-thinking going on in terms of "work-life balance". The more we hear about "work-life balance", the less of it there seems to be. I think there are many jobs that could be part-time and shared by more than one person giving more people the opportunity to work and that "work-life balance". However, here in Canada, we're not there yet. At least in my field, they think if you take a day off, the world will end. Everyone is on 24/7--cell/blackberry/e-mail... It is crazy.
SM

"Cosmetics is a boon to every woman, but a girl's best friend is still a near-sighted man." Yoko Ono

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved