The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 132 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#127080 - 09/03/07 01:35 PM Protecting Your Identity
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I recently read two items that are new to me and may be new to you.

1. Instead of signing the back of your credit cards, write "Check Photo ID" in the signature block.
2. Stop pre-approved credit offers that come in the mail by calling 1-888-5-OPTOUT. Thieves get ths info when you dump it in the trash unopened.

Have to keep safe.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#127081 - 09/03/07 01:44 PM Re: Protecting Your Identity [Re: Saundra]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Another good idea is to photocopy the front and back of ALL of your credit cards. Put a copy in a safe place in your house. If they are ever stolen, or your purse, for instance, you can immediately take action and cancel the cards by calling the 1-800 numbers on the back of the cards, which you've copied. Time is everything once your card has been compromised.

#127082 - 09/04/07 09:55 AM Re: Protecting Your Identity [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

PS--I saw a commerical just the other day where a guy had his Social Security number painted on the side of a van. He was on the street with a megaphone telling people that HIS company would guarantee you that your identity could not be stolen...or would not be...or compromised...or something like that. I wish now I had paid more attention to it. I'll do a little research and see if I can find the company again. Seems like to me he also promised something about stopping SPAM...Now THAT would be great!

#127083 - 09/04/07 11:02 AM Re: Protecting Your Identity [Re: jawjaw]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Who here has pre-paid legal and identiy theft protection through them?

I've had them for severl years and have been VERY happy with their services.

danita

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#127084 - 09/04/07 01:13 PM Re: Protecting Your Identity [Re: Danita]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I pay $17 per month for Pre-Paid Legal. Their headquarters are in Ada, Oklahoma - right across the way from my sister-in-law. I purchased the program while I worked for the school district.

I am very pleased with them. I've used them regarding trademark and copyright questions, traffic law, land issues, and more.

Danita, I don't think I have identity theft protection through them - does that cost much more?

Kathy

#127085 - 09/04/07 03:30 PM Re: Protecting Your Identity [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Girls, if you're referring to the company in my post, WHAT is the name of the company?

#127086 - 09/04/07 04:25 PM Re: Protecting Your Identity [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
JJ, I haven't seen the commercial, but here is the link for the company I use:

http://www.prepaidlegal.com/

The name is: Pre-Paid Legal

#127087 - 09/04/07 08:48 PM Re: Protecting Your Identity [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
June,

the "identity theft" protection with pre-paid legal is just a little bit more -but very well worth it. If your identity is stolen it takes hundreds of man hours to fix it - if you have the protection - the company does all the work for you.

I have a boomer friend who represents pre-paid legal and their identity theft...her website is:

prepaidlegal.com/hub/pmmcguire

My most recent story for my mom:
http://www.heritagemakers.com/projectBro...tSponsor=384221

#127088 - 09/04/07 11:44 PM Re: Protecting Your Identity [Re: Danita]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I signed the backs of my credit cards with see ID and STILL half of the time they don't ask for ID.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#127090 - 09/05/07 02:17 AM Re: Protecting Your Identity [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the tips! Recently, last week, I received a phone call on my mobile from my bank at 7:00 PM. I was in class and did not take the call, yet returned it during break and received a recording that either my debit or credit card had been compromised and to call back during business hours. I do not have neither a debit/credit at this particular banking institution. Called the next day and after several calls, it was discovered that it was a phishing scam where individuals program their phones to exhibit a number different than that of the real banking institution. Since the 'real' bank closes at 6:00 PM, the 'real' bank's security and telecommunications departments ran a check (metadata) to see which employee would have called me @ 7:00 PM.

Needless to say, I was pretty pissed! Please be careful ladies!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved