A woman who is a doctoral candidate in public health at Walden University, Cherrie Couch, has approached me for help from members of BWS and NABBW in completing her doctoral thesis research.

She’s studying unmarried baby boomer women, looking for the relationship between safer sex information, motivation, and behavioral skills and safer sexual behavior.

Specifically, her thesis is titled “Older Women’s HIV/AIDS Prevention Behavior for Safer Sex: A Comparison of African American and Caucasian American Women.”

Since the world still doesn’t have a cure for HIV/AIDS, and Boomer women who are not in monogamous relationships are at just as much risk of getting HIV/AIDS as other demographic populations, I see this as a hugely important topic for research.

(Beyond that, back when I did MY Master’s degree research on plus-50 women -- it was the mid 1970s, I was in my mid-20s and really couldn’t imagine I would ever NOT be young -- I made a vow to “pay it forward” by participating in research whenever I could.)

So for those two good reasons, Cherrie Couch has received my permission to post her research survey here on the forum as well as in our monthly NABBW newsletter, Boomer Women’s World.

Cherrie is seeking women participants who:

• Are Baby Boomers, born between 1946-1964
• Consider themselves to be heterosexual
• Are divorced, widowed, or have not been married for the last 3 years
• Live in the United States and speak English
• Have had sexual intercourse (penile-vaginal) at least once in the last 3 years

If you qualify, please consider taking about 30 minutes to complete Cherrie's survey. You will not only be helping Cherrie complete her research and gain her Ph.D., but also you will be helping public health experts learn how to keep more people safe and healthy.

And for everyone who is curious about Cherrie’s findings, she has agreed to do a teleseminar call with me a few months from now, when her research is complete, to share her findings with us. I think that will be quite exciting! I’ll let you know when that is scheduled to take place.

Meanwhile, here is the link to Cherrie's survey, which is being processed through the well-known and respected Survey Monkey survey software.

By the way, if you don’t qualify for the survey, but you still want to help, feel free to tell your friends who DO qualify, where to find the link!

Thanks for your help!

PS I have invited Cherrie to post a comment on this thread, and I expect she will be doing so.

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com