The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#63373 - 01/21/06 06:40 PM links within posts
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies, I want to address a comment I made in the Current Events forum.

Within that forum, there have been many posts with links to other sites. I know they were put there for educational reasons, but I need to make a point.

The purpose of these forums is to keep women coming back and building community at BWS. God knows I encourage sharing other sites. I even have a forum for that purpose. I have a whole page of links at BWS.

However, posts with too many links, continually take women away from BWS, and that is not my purpose for these forums. I want us to stay here and build community. Thank you.

#63374 - 01/21/06 10:40 PM Re: links within posts
ladybug Offline

Dotsie, I did see your posting in that particular topic. Point taken here.

#63375 - 01/22/06 02:37 AM Re: links within posts
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Eloquentlty put Dotsie. There always seem to be some that try to take advantage....Boomers rule!!! [Wink]

#63376 - 01/23/06 01:18 PM Re: links within posts
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Chatty, I don't think she was trying to take advantage. I think she was being very passionate about a topic which you disagreed with. This isn't to say that anyone was right or wrong, because you're both entitled to own opinions.

However, Dotsie has a valid point. There were a lot of external links, which would take a lot of time away from BWS to read.

#63377 - 01/24/06 08:10 AM Re: links within posts
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I think we all believe in freedom of expression and whether we agreed or not, we respected the the first few posts. But nearly twenty pages, not counting links, of nothing more than unpaid political attack ads is simply too much.

This site is available to the world and those posts could be interpreted to represent all boomers. They could embolden terrorists and others out to harm and destroy us.

Then there's the issue of her husband posting for her because she was too busy posting elsewhere. We have disallowed other males and I'm not sure we should allow that.

Dotsie is wise to defend her own site and to find a way to keep it from being taken advantage of.

smile

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved