The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#207173 - 08/29/10 07:16 PM Want to create a website but don't know?
Dilly Offline

I am just a beginner - absolutely new to internet marketing - but I do have some hope for success.

If you are like me - just beginning - or maybe just thinking of beginning - I have some recommendations that might be helpful:

>Find a mentor - someone who has been there, done that, and succeeded at it.

>Be aware, though, that the internet marketing field is full of people who would just love to become your mentor - for a price.

>Read the Salespage carefully - down beyond all the glitz and shouting headings, the blinking ( I mean literally blinking. I'm not using the term as a expletive to show what I think of these gimmicks - though it may be apropo.) images and the pictures of big houses and fancy cars and all the testimonials.

>If, when you finally get down to the bottom line, you feel that you can afford the cost of the program and you have a sense that this is someone you can trust - go with your gut-feeling.

>Beware, though, of those who tell you that you can make thousands of dollars online by working only two hours a day at doing things that a chimpanzee can do.

>You can make money online (I still believe this) but it is going to take time and work - both physical (long hours at the computer) and mental (Say what?). And it is going to take time. Sorry, this is no "get-rich-quick" scheme.

Best wishes for all success,

Sara Dillinger
http://for-boomers.com

Edited by Anne Holmes (09/06/10 12:18 AM)

#207321 - 09/03/10 01:48 AM Re: Want to create a website but don't know? [Re: Dilly]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I looked it over and it appears to me this is an add for this guys videos etc.. Wouldn't that make him one of those out there ready to separate you from your money??? Just asking!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#207435 - 09/05/10 07:15 PM Re: Want to create a website but don't know? [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Good point chatty. I hate to say this..but I didn't even bother to click through the link that was provided. When a poster has only 1 posted message and begins to advertise a service/product, it immediately turns me off.

As for Internet marketing, the buzz is really now about social media marketing and understanding the main goal of why a person sets up a blog, web site, etc.

I disagree alot with claims that one can make money solely from Internet marketing. Internet marketing is only a communication and for some businesses, an e-commerce transaction tool to sell a primary service or product. Important to keep the basic understanding....basic and not dress it up with illusions and false expectations.

Of course there are folks who have schemes that plargarize other people's content or force users through spam links to click through their website link just to jack up readership falsely and mislead people to reading irrelevant/nonsensical advertising. Any blogger knows the spam schemes of incoming false referral /URL links that come in through the back end of their blog that they create and manage.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved