The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 132 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#206815 - 08/14/10 02:05 AM Fired
MustangGal
Unregistered

Yep, got fired today.

Left my prior employer of nearly 6 years for a new law firm that offered 10% more pay. Took it and 10 weeks later they let me go! That was today. They will pay me throug the end of the month on 9/1/10. They said it was not a good fit and that I was making a lot of mistakes. No one would tell me I was making mistakes, just report the mistakes to HR. This a different type of law and I was still learning.

Actually, I did not feel comfortable there. There was hostility, i.e., foul language and name calling. I encountered this at my prior employer and thougt I'd gotten away from it - but it was worse. So much for greener grass.

#206816 - 08/14/10 02:07 AM Re: Fired [Re: ]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Does anyone know anything about unemployment?

I feel so much anger and vengence while at the same time relief.

I feel empty. I have one more pay check and 4 days vacation coming in a few weeks and then thats it.

Oh Lord, I hope You have a plan!

#206817 - 08/14/10 02:10 AM Re: Fired [Re: ]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Oh, and to top it off, I sprained my ankle last weekend on my horse and now no health insurance. My ankle is wrapped and now I can't receive any further care. They know that, too.

I can't change what has happened.

God, please let it work out.

#206819 - 08/14/10 02:41 AM Re: Fired [Re: ]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Yikes, Mustang, talk about a hard time. It sounds like you were working it what gets called a "hostile environment." It also sounds like they did Not give you much chance or help to succeed. Generally speaking, if you got fired, you can apply for unemployment. Much luck to you. L

#206820 - 08/14/10 02:55 AM Re: Fired [Re: Princess Lenora]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Thanks Princess, how r doing? I applied for u/e, just hope I qualify and receive monetary benefits.

On Monday I will contact food banks.

#206829 - 08/14/10 01:23 PM Re: Fired [Re: ]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
My thought are with you MustangGal. Just wish I could be there to give you a big hug.

#206830 - 08/14/10 01:55 PM Re: Fired [Re: greene]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Thanks I could use it.

I've sadly discovered that neighbors, friends, church and family when I told them yesterday and ask for help, they all turned their backs.

oh how it hurts - i just want to die

#206831 - 08/14/10 02:21 PM Re: Fired [Re: ]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Whaaaaat? What kinds of people are they to shun you like that! I wish we could show them that you have people who believe in you.

Don't let them pull you down. Instead, chin up and get a fighting attitude. You'll show them and yourself that you can make it. This company sounds sleazy. You deserve better anyway. Get the yellow pages, and start calling all lawyer companies in your area. I worked as an employment counselor for 5 years or so. Lawyers seemed to have the highest turnover in secretaries and office clerks. I'm sure you will be able to find another job soon.

An ending can be a NEW beginning!

#206834 - 08/14/10 03:00 PM Re: Fired [Re: Edelweiss2]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am going practical here:

Apply for unemployment on Monday. You will receive it! Both this employer and your last employer pay unemployment insurance and you have every right to collect it. They said you were not a good fit, and did not give you feedback as you learned. This is not a "legal" (you did not steal, cheat, etc) reason to fire you. Therefore they have no leg to stand on to fight and most likely do not have any interest in fighting it.

You should be insured until the end of the month - call the insurance company and confirm this. Then cram in as many appointments as possible before the end of the month.

Do not let this stop you! Take the weekend to be angry, then on Monday put on your happy face and get out there!

My best to you Mustang.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#206835 - 08/14/10 03:01 PM Re: Fired [Re: Edelweiss2]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am going practical here:

Apply for unemployment on Monday. You will receive it! Both this employer and your last employer pay unemployment insurance and you have every right to collect it. They said you were not a good fit, and did not give you feedback as you learned. This is not a "legal" (you did not steal, cheat, etc) reason to fire you. Therefore they have no leg to stand on to fight and most likely do not have any interest in fighting it.

You should be insured until the end of the month - call the insurance company and confirm this. Then cram in as many appointments as possible before the end of the month.

Do not let this stop you! Take the weekend to be angry, then on Monday put on your happy face and get out there!

My best to you Mustang.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved