I FINALLY took that first step today towards making a quilt by attending my first quilting class. There are 4 ladies in the class so the instructor can provide lots of hands-on instruction. I made my first 9-patch square (I think that's what it's called). By the end of seven weeks I will supposedly have a small quilt with different patterns made to take home.

Nancy, our instructor, has quilts hanging in the art museum in Mobile so I'm pretty humbled by her abilities and skill. I told her I am pretty anal when it comes to sewing (if the seams and such don't line up I will rip it out and do it over until it's right). She laughed and said I'd make a great quilter...I think that was a compliment LOL.
Are there any quilters out there who could share their love for quilting and any tips they might want to share? Photos?
My uncertainty is coordinating fabrics...I had to pick out six today...two solids and 4 patterned...we'll see how things go in the coming weeks.