The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#203025 - 05/04/10 08:55 AM Interesting new hobby..felting
Mountain Ash Offline

I visited a shop at the weekend where fibre classes are on offer.Felted crafts and a multitude of creative projects using yarn and fleece from sheep.
I bought some fleece from Wenslydale sheep to felt.A process explained in a handout.My idea is to make a cobweb fine scarf to fill the V in many of the sweaters I have.
Another idea is to place random felted shapes on chiffon and work the felting process.
I already have two felt brooches bought at craft fairs.This is on my wish/plan list.Making some jewellry.
For some time I have been seeking a creative purpose.This way I have gifts...can fund raise and develope a new skill.
All the workshop are booked until June..but I intend having some tuition..
wall hangings...hats even slippers were all on display..
I am a happy bunny.
d

#203027 - 05/04/10 02:17 PM Re: Interesting new hobby..felting [Re: Mountain Ash]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I've never heard of this and I'm having trouble visualizing it. I looked it up on the internet and have to ask...is this something like the projects you are referring?

While I don't like the bracelet, the other items are so pretty!

#203030 - 05/04/10 03:50 PM Re: Interesting new hobby..felting [Re: jawjaw]
Mountain Ash Offline

Similar..but the chiffon with applied toning patterns welded on using the process was beautiful..looked up utube and many videos there showing needle felting..for this we need a special needle and foam backing block..mostly I was attracted to the shades that the fibres are dyed..from nature and very artistic

#203032 - 05/04/10 04:17 PM Re: Interesting new hobby..felting [Re: Mountain Ash]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
ooooooo..these pieces of artistic jewelry sound so beautiful Eunice...I hope you do follow through with this new hobby....so unusual!!!

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#203033 - 05/04/10 05:21 PM Re: Interesting new hobby..felting [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Mountain Ash Offline

Nancy
a new hobby that feels authentic and feeds each persons inner self seems to me to be a blessing.

#203034 - 05/04/10 06:24 PM Re: Interesting new hobby..felting [Re: Mountain Ash]
AvalonBlondi Offline

I so agree with you Eunice...my hobby might seem silly to others..but it gives me such enormous pleasure..gets me out in the fresh air, allows me to help keep the beach clean ...but all of that aside...each little shard of glass I pick up to me is a thing of rare beauty...a treasure...some day all of these little treasures combined will make a beautiful backsplash in my kitchen...something to look forward to...:)

Good luck with your new hobby...enjoy yourself...and I anxiously await pictures of the fruits of your labor my friend...

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#203042 - 05/04/10 07:15 PM Re: Interesting new hobby..felting [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Mountain Ash Offline

An interest is so individual and takes our life experience into task in deciding.so your glass is your answer.I feel each piece will be like a treasure.The moon causing the tides representing months and years and the big plan that the universe holds.after all what makes a stone or mineral precious?
The pacing of gathering your glass and the final project is self driven by your hand only.

I will be working the creamy yarn very soon.involved is bubble wrap...soapy water My instruction sheet and my hands.

remininscent of nursery class in school...he! he!

#203052 - 05/04/10 08:42 PM Re: Interesting new hobby..felting [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Happy hobbying MountainAsh. I just love being around creative people.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#203062 - 05/04/10 11:01 PM Re: Interesting new hobby..felting [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Sounds like such fun Eunice..I can't wait to read about/see the finished project...such a cool idea!!!!

#203115 - 05/05/10 09:18 PM Re: Interesting new hobby..felting [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Nothing like a hobby to make you feel like a kid again. Enjoy the art.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved