The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#93386 - 10/26/06 05:11 PM handmade dolls
nevadaangel Offline

If you lady's would like to check out some of my handmade dolls that Iam trying to sell some are on my web site.

http://members.tripod.com/~StevensD
Click on link of first page that says My handmade dolls, would also like to know what you think.

Thanks
Donna

#93387 - 10/26/06 08:12 PM Re: handmade dolls [Re: nevadaangel]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Donna: How tall are the small dolls? And are they suitable for young children? Do you also ship overseas? I make dolls as well as a hobby but with porcelain, heads, hands and feet. Your dolls are sweet and dreamy.

#93388 - 10/26/06 10:07 PM Re: handmade dolls [Re: Lola]
nevadaangel Offline

HI Lola

my smallest dolls are about 6inches tall, I havent shipped overseas have no ideal of how much the postage would be but if person is will to pay the postage i guess i could ship overseas, and if someone lets me know the doll is for a young child i could make the doll suitable for that age. Do you have any pictures of the dolls you make? I would consider trading a couple of my dolls for a set of the head, hands, feet to make my own, if yours is for a small doll.

#93389 - 10/26/06 10:57 PM Re: handmade dolls [Re: nevadaangel]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Donna: I have never really thought of photographing my dolls as I never sell them. Some I make to populate my dollhouses, the rest I give away as christening presents and for "firsts" occasions like first baby, first birthdays, first Christmas, first starts in school etc.

My project this year are Pierrots. I concentrate on one type of doll as it saves me the bother with time spent on it, type of paint and other materials. The current number of feet, hands and heads I have at the moment are for 4 and 6-inch ones which I have rubbed down, painted and struggling to finish in time for Christmas. Only because I have a hard time stitching the bodies. Someone else does part of the clothes for me as they are far too intricate and beyond my ability. No need to trade. I can send you a set of feet, hands and head next time my friend pours as I do not handle porcelain slip. From one hobbyist to another. Just PM me your address. Can you likewise PM me your phone no. It'll be more expedient that way as I might be able to make arrangements with a friend who is coming to London from California in mid-November. It will save us the trouble of overseas posting.

Do you do all the clothes as well? Are they handstitched? How long does it take you to do one doll? Glad to meet someone at BWS with the same hobby.

#93390 - 10/29/06 11:15 PM Re: handmade dolls [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
They are just adorable and should go like hotcakes.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved