The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#58659 - 10/24/03 05:17 PM Hello! I'm New Here!
FlyingWoman Offline

Hi all...
Dotsie has been telling me about this group for a long time so I finally am getting here to see what it's all about. I chose to follow this category because I am an artist who has a business and studio in my home. It allows me flexibility and I don't have to pull my hair out whenever I have a child home sick from school (that's happening today in fact).

I have 3 daughters - ages 9, 12 and 14...it is a very estrogen rich environment at my house.

I am busy painting for two upcoming holiday open houses that I am having with a friend. Stressful but fun (I hope). I paint what I like to call "funk-tional" art - bright, whimsical designs on furniture and other funky items. I sell on eBay and on my web site.

I love to connect with other artistic women and will enjoy reading this forum I'm sure!

Happy Friday! [Smile]
Ann

#58660 - 10/24/03 05:30 PM Re: Hello! I'm New Here!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Welcome Ann,
Here's a royal welcome to you! I visited your site and loved it. I especially liked the birdhouse and the broom...wonder how many miles I could get outta one of those....hmmmm...

There are a lot of artist in here so you will probably feel the kindred spirits. It's a really nice neighborhood...

Well...anyhoo, welcome girl and I look forward to getting to know you. Here's hoping your daughter has a speedy recover. [Smile]

Royal regards,

#58661 - 10/24/03 05:38 PM Re: Hello! I'm New Here!
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
nice stuff [Smile] I liked the patchwork angel and the t-shirts. very cool [Cool]

#58662 - 10/24/03 05:50 PM Re: Hello! I'm New Here!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Fly Person...I just replied to your private message and then I think I promptly deleted it. It said a big "thank you."

Yes, I'm an idiot. You find that out soon enough..geezzz

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

#58663 - 10/24/03 06:18 PM Re: Hello! I'm New Here!
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
ya, but we love ya anyway [Big Grin]

#58664 - 10/25/03 02:01 AM Re: Hello! I'm New Here!
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Ann,

Welcome from another artist! You're website was beautifully done and the items are wonderful.

#58665 - 10/25/03 05:22 AM Re: Hello! I'm New Here!
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi Ann,
Loved your work. I really do love whimsical and yours is wonderful.
Oh yes, welcome do hope you love it as much as we all do.
Maggie

#58666 - 10/27/03 07:47 PM Re: Hello! I'm New Here!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies, I met Ann online and I love her work. She makes this great item that I bought for my sister for her 50th. birthday.

At the top of the board she writes:
Things to do:

Then she'll paint whatever it is you like to do i all these awesome colors with funky designs all around.

Along the edges she writes other things to do in smaller letters all along the border. Here are some of the words she uses, but you can give her your own suggestions:

bake, call a friend, paint, read, laugh out loud, tell a joke, and on and on. Be creative.

I customized my sisters and she loves it.

Anyway, it makes for a perfect gift for a special occasion.

She is great to work with. Another creative women among us! [Wink]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved