The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 118 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#219980 - 03/03/14 07:42 PM Who Watched the Oscars Sunday Night?
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Watching the Oscars is always a fun event for me, even if I haven't seen all the movies being represented. I'm always interested in the clothes everyone wears, if nothing else.

After all, last night Ellen DeGeneres pointed out that Meryl Streep has been nominated a record 18 times.

While she lauded this as an accomplishment, Ellen also suggested that it means Meryl has spent at least $180,000 on clothes and makeup for this awards ceremony over the years -- and opined that the Academy should stop nominating her, as this has surely become an unaffordable hardship. Meryl took the ribbing in good grace, of course.

I haven't seen all the nominated movies, so I can't say whether or not I agree with all the winners.

For example, I haven't seen Blue Jasmine, 12 Years a Slave, or... Well let me just say I have seen Captain Phillips, Gravity and the Great Gatsby.

So who agrees with the Academy on last night's winners? And who thinks someone was robbed?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#219983 - 03/04/14 01:11 AM Re: Who Watched the Oscars Sunday Night? [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Didn't watch, and I haven't been paying attention to any of the movies; haven't seen any of them. We might watch one or two at some point. My partner is more into movies than I am. I much prefer reading.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#219984 - 03/04/14 05:47 PM Re: Who Watched the Oscars Sunday Night? [Re: yonuh]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Not of interest to me any longer. The movies of today are not our type. Have not sat IN a theater in about 9 years.

In woebegone days we did. The actors/actresses were quality.

#219985 - 03/04/14 09:24 PM Re: Who Watched the Oscars Sunday Night? [Re: Di]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Count me in the "not interested" category. I rather be reading a good book.

#219986 - 03/05/14 12:02 AM Re: Who Watched the Oscars Sunday Night? [Re: Cookie]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
OK, ladies! I guess the consensus is that no one here thinks movies are worth talking about.

Too bad,I would have enjoyed a discussion on this.

IMHO there are still good actors and good stories being told on film. And when it is so easy to get movies delivered into our homes via tools like Amazon Prime or Netflix, not to mention premium cable channels, there is no longer any reason we need to leave home to see a good flick these days...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#219988 - 03/06/14 04:55 PM Re: Who Watched the Oscars Sunday Night? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Ellemm Offline

I'm sorry, I'm a complete dud here. I saw Blue Jasmine (good) and American Hustle (just way too long and a mess), and that's about it. I realized awhile ago that I don't really care who wins these awards because I cannot figure out how it affects my life. Yes, I have gotten more selfish in my old age.

I'm not much of a television watcher, so the internet is great for me: the day after the Oscars I look at pictures of the dresses, which is fun.

And then I'm done.

#219989 - 03/06/14 05:06 PM Re: Who Watched the Oscars Sunday Night? [Re: Ellemm]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
The older I get, the less interested I am in the lives of actors and musicians and such. Not that I was ever one of those who wanted to know every detail of a star's life to begin with. Award shows and reality shows share the same spot in my mind; they are all staged and don't have a whole lot to do with real life. If I feel the need to 'escape', I either read or go off into Nature to take pictures.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved