[Mad] SOMEBODY REMEMBERS [Confused]

Child abuse has become a monumental epidemic in not only the US but also the world. I, for one, have shed many tears and lost a lot of sleep over this situation. As a nurse, there have been a number of things seen but not forgotten. The most disturbing and heartbreaking of these involves innocent, helpless, sweet children. We all have witnessed the Telethons on TV to raise money for treatments and cures for diseases that kill children at an alarming rate and with cruel pain to both child and family. I am a firm supporter of these causes. The stories and the kids on these programs must touch anyone who has a heart. While I do endorse the efforts, there is another killer I have never seen a telethon raising money or awareness of the general public. CHILDREN ARE DISAPPEARING AND DYING EVERY DAY AT THE HAND OF INSANE, CRUEL, HEARTLESS, INHUMAN MONSTERS!!! These children have no access to a treatment or a cure...It's too late by the time they are stricken with the disease that isn't even in their own bodies. It's in the minds of others that are in control of the situation. Parents, Stepparents, Relatives, Strangers, Friends, Teachers, Church Leaders...the list goes on and on. There is no immediate solution but, with time and awareness, and A LOT OF PRAYERS, there is an answer. Never in the history of the world have children been in a more urgent need of prayers. But, God gave the human race a brain and a conscience and we must act on the things we pray about. Find a way...setup a "Latchkey Kids" hotline, promote on-site Daycare at local businesses, develop a Buddy System for kids at risk...anything that would make a perpetrator think twice. Start a hotline for kids being abused at home; give them someone to confide in before they become a statistic with no name. Having a supporter will give abused children strength and courage to stop the offenders before it's TOO late. The painful memories will remain, but if given a chance and the help they need, these children may someday overcome them and learn to live happy and productive lives. Always remember, when you see or hear about a child abuse case or the unnecessary death of a child due to violence...this child was somebody's son or daughter, grandchild, niece or nephew, student, next-door-neighbor, friend. SOMEBODY WILL REMEMBER...SOMEBODY CARES

[ May 26, 2005, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Nikki Stewart ]